best iem to purchase in stores
Aug 18, 2012 at 4:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

jayjazmin

New Head-Fier

Hi everyone, first post here. Looking to purchase some quality iem's hopefully in store. Just wondering what stores may carry any? Looking to check best buy but I know they carry more of the mainstream brands. The only one I was recommended was the shure 215s. Please help! Looking for good sound with bass, overall a balanced iem. Thanks guys!

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:01 PM Post #2 of 3
The only two IEM's I bought in a store would be the LG Tone and the Klipsch S4i. Between the two, the S4i does have quite more bass impact than the Tone.

But, I would not suggest the S4i, the sound quality is sub par for the price that I paid for it, if it was closer to like 40, I would not mind it but at 100 msrp, just no.

On the other hand, the Tone, which is bluetooth, was only 45 dollars and I still am amazed at the sound, for it being bluetooth anyhow! 

Aug 18, 2012 at 11:51 PM Post #3 of 3
SE215 is good and almost reached FOTM status once upon a time. However, many budget IEMs in the $40-50 range have sound quality that match the SE215s which are $100. 

Klipsch S4s are very old news... they routinely go on sale on Amazon for like $50. I think they are coming out with a new model later this year. But again their sound signature is quite low-end. I'd stay away. The only Klipsch IEM that has any value in today's competition and market is their Rugged series - their value is being able to stand some physical abuse. Those and the X10s for $95 during Christmas times. 

If you are going to BestBuy, I'd go for the Sony XBA1s. Quite good sound quality. Unique bland of Balanced Armature with a bit of dynamic graininess. Very well rounded sound. Plus they include a large variety of tips and are quite comfortable to wear. Amazon has them for $60, and I think BestBuy has them for $79.99. But full retail is the only deal you are gonna get at BB!. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back