Best IEM tips?
Sep 10, 2012 at 10:52 PM Post #5 of 3,156
I am a big fan of the SURE Olives

Sep 10, 2012 at 11:00 PM Post #7 of 3,156
I heard the comply's aren't that durable

You can't believe everything you hear...

Clean hands when you handle them.
Clean storage of your IEMs when not in use.
Do not roll them before putting them in your ears.
Have clean ears.
And many more, I am sure can affect the life span of any tips

Jim

Sep 11, 2012 at 12:51 AM Post #9 of 3,156
Shure Olives and Ety Tri-Flange. Also, I liked the Klipsch Dual-Flange tips as well. My ears like multiple flange tips, some (apparently most?) don't. I never liked foam tips, just like the way I don't like Velour pads on Headphones.

Sep 11, 2012 at 1:48 AM Post #11 of 3,156
I find the foam stuffed hybrids that came with my dba02 mk2s are wonderful and provide a good seal without making them overly boomy, but dont think these tips are readily accessable.

Generic foam tips from lostearbuds I find are also great, especially for the price!

Sep 11, 2012 at 3:05 PM Post #14 of 3,156
Those large grey silicon tips that come with the Westone's.  I may be the only one that likes them though....

//never quite liked the foam

Sep 11, 2012 at 5:26 PM Post #15 of 3,156
The best tips for what? There are just no universal tips that are best for  every iem. I've tried everything. While the shure olives are great for some iems and one of my favorites for a lonf time, but they are just not the best for every iem. Some iems just sound good with meelec dual-flanges, others with ety tri-flanges, sony hybrids and so on. Sooner or later one has to deal with the reality and get a decent collection of different tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back