Best IEM tips?
Sep 8, 2022 at 1:33 AM Post #2,026 of 3,234
Well, I was a huge fan of these two Azla products : the historic grey one, and the famous Xelastec.

But this is no longer the case, even if these are really good products.👍

Good, but... Colored. 😔

And I found this is the case of all the line up, but with different flavors...

Sep 8, 2022 at 2:07 AM Post #2,027 of 3,234
The MAXs do seem like they make the IEMs sound a bit more aggressive in a way. From some real quick comparisons, I think I prefer the ePros for acoustic and especially vocal-focused songs and the MAXs for electronic music.

I wish I had multiple pairs of the same IEMs, constantly changing these tips is such a pain lol. Especially with the Globes and their thiiiiicccckkk stems.

Also had to throw the MAXs on my old BLON BL-03s out of curiosity and I was pretty surprised how good they sounded. Some extremely spicy hot sizzling Ss and those cymbal hits really pushed through in some songs, but I think that could be easily fixed with EQ. Not sure if I'll bother.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 11:58 AM Post #2,028 of 3,234
The MAXs do seem like they make the IEMs sound a bit more aggressive in a way. From some real quick comparisons, I think I prefer the ePros for acoustic and especially vocal-focused songs and the MAXs for electronic music.

I wish I had multiple pairs of the same IEMs, constantly changing these tips is such a pain lol. Especially with the Globes and their thiiiiicccckkk stems.

Also had to throw the MAXs on my old BLON BL-03s out of curiosity and I was pretty surprised how good they sounded. Some extremely spicy hot sizzling Ss and those cymbal hits really pushed through in some songs, but I think that could be easily fixed with EQ. Not sure if I'll bother.
There is difference between perceived aggressiveness caused by good bass and treble extension and that caused by uppermids resonance. An example of eartips with both aggressiveness would be AET/KBEAR 08. An example with the former but without the latter would be Tanchjim T300T. An example without the former but with the latter would be Final E. An example without either would be Sedna Short.

The Max, like most aftermarket eartips, is somewhere in the middle.

Sep 8, 2022 at 7:25 PM Post #2,031 of 3,234
Anyone tried TRI Clarion tips? Those look sharp. Seems they are cheaper Whizzers ET100
I ordered one too. They look promising, like a blend of T300T and ET100, both are top-tier tips.

Sep 8, 2022 at 7:44 PM Post #2,032 of 3,234
I ordered one too. They look promising, like a blend of T300T and ET100, both are top-tier tips.

There have been a bunch of interesting tip releases recently. The SednaEarFit Max, the SpinFit W1 and the (currently impossible to find) Raptgo tips. These look like an interesting attempt to innovate in the space so I’m curious to hear them.

Last edited:
Sep 8, 2022 at 7:51 PM Post #2,033 of 3,234
There have been a bunch of interesting tip releases recently. The SednaEarFit Max, the SpinFit H1 and the (currently impossible to find) Raptgo tips. These look like an interesting attempt to innovate in the space so I’m curious to hear them.
H1 or W1? I only know W1

Sep 8, 2022 at 10:11 PM Post #2,035 of 3,234
for those who can get their hands on the aex70, it have a small molding effect to accommodate your ear canals, spiral dots++ like comfort while aex07 like neutrality

Sep 9, 2022 at 12:06 AM Post #2,037 of 3,234
There is difference between perceived aggressiveness caused by good bass and treble extension and that caused by uppermids resonance. An example of eartips with both aggressiveness would be AET/KBEAR 08. An example with the former but without the latter would be Tanchjim T300T. An example without the former but with the latter would be Final E. An example without either would be Sedna Short.

The Max, like most aftermarket eartips, is somewhere in the middle.

Interesting! I'll have to check out the T300T at some point. Is it this one: https://www.amazon.com/TANCHJIM-Enhancement-Transmisson-Pressure-Silicone/dp/B08Z3J1ZJL ? I guess that's a set of two different tips, with T300B being a "bass enhancement" tip, but the other one seems to be the one you're talking about.

Curious about the Sedna Short too. Maybe I'll get a pair of those for the days when my tinnitus is real bad and I just want extreme relaxation, sounds like a boring pair of tips in the best way.

Sep 9, 2022 at 12:48 AM Post #2,038 of 3,234
Interesting! I'll have to check out the T300T at some point. Is it this one: https://www.amazon.com/TANCHJIM-Enhancement-Transmisson-Pressure-Silicone/dp/B08Z3J1ZJL ? I guess that's a set of two different tips, with T300B being a "bass enhancement" tip, but the other one seems to be the one you're talking about.

Curious about the Sedna Short too. Maybe I'll get a pair of those for the days when my tinnitus is real bad and I just want extreme relaxation, sounds like a boring pair of tips in the best way.
Right. The T300B is actually no more bassy than T300T, despite the names. T300T is more V-shaped. For the T300T, the L size corresponds to Final E ML or Sednaearfit M, and the M size corresponds to Final E MS or Sednaearfit S, make sure you double check the sizes.

T300T is one of the frequent reference eartips used in this youtube channel, along with Final E and ET100. Check out their latest video on the impact of eartips on the 7hz Dioko.

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2022 at 1:05 AM Post #2,039 of 3,234
Right. The T300B is actually no more bassy than T300T, despite the names. T300T is more V-shaped. For the T300T, the L size corresponds to Final E ML or Sednaearfit M, and the M size corresponds to Final E MS or Sednaearfit S, make sure you double check the sizes.

T300T is one of the frequent reference eartips used in this youtube channel, along with Final E and ET100. Check out their latest video on the impact of eartips on the 7hz Dioko.

Thanks! If the energy crisis won't suck my wallet dry and leave it for the dead, checking out all these IEM tips I'm interested in surely will lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back