Best IEM tips?
Sep 22, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #1,561 of 3,234
Wel broke down and spent $30.00 buck on the jvc spiral dots ++. Really liking them and feel that they might be my first choice now with the moondrop variations. Perfect seal and noticeable difference over the Jlad wireless tips and Epro tips. Totally amazed by how well the W2 spiral dots and the XINHS cable and XINHS c to c usb interconnection have improved the sound quality. It’s been a fun journey to get to this place and appreciate all the members that helped me reach it.
It's all about the journey for me. Spiral Dots have been on my list. Prolly pull the trigger on them soon. Have you tried Final Audio Type E?

Sep 22, 2021 at 10:16 PM Post #1,562 of 3,234
It's all about the journey for me. Spiral Dots have been on my list. Prolly pull the trigger on them soon. Have you tried Final Audio Type E?
Not yet but will in the future it’s always fun to receive a new item to try. Walmart has them for $29.99 for 2 pairs it’s a lot but for me it was worth it. Buying from Walmart makes me feel got the real thing, plus was here in less than 3 days.
Wasted tons of money on other um passions and a few buck for tips is well worth the fun I get from this hobby. I been listening to the jvc spiral ++ all day and currently trying them stuffed with foam. There is no ear irritation and the best fit I found for my ears so far. The foam insert adds to isolation but have not decided if like them more with it or without.

Sep 23, 2021 at 12:31 AM Post #1,563 of 3,234
kinda curious, do we need to clean/maintain our unused tips from time to time?

lately after i got my marunana chouraku tips, i only use it and spiral dots++ because of the best comfort and sound for me and never doing another tips rolling again
before that i keep my tips clean by cleaning it with warm water once in a while

then when i check my older tips yesterday , my older ortofon that i havent been used in 3+ year become thinner compare to my newer ortofon, also xelastec that i havent been used in a year become harder and not sticky anymore (i only use it 1-2 hr, not comfortable, hope for sss size)

also i keep all my ear tips in some final audio case (the case when u bought final e tips)

Sep 23, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #1,564 of 3,234
Well, for fit spinfits are good but I found them bit boomy, comply are not durable at all, my favorite of all time are :
Silicon: Whirlwind and JVC Spiral Dots++
Hybrid: Symbio
Memory Foam: Flare
For deep bass: Radius

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:13 PM Post #1,566 of 3,234
Any tips that have similar size to the kz big tips that come with all of their iems?

Problem is that it fits perfectly, but they keep falling from my iems...

Oct 8, 2021 at 10:20 PM Post #1,567 of 3,234
Jamming to the SpinFit Double flange tips and very much enjoying them on the MEST.

IMG_20211008_211850.jpg

Oct 12, 2021 at 2:51 PM Post #1,568 of 3,234
Jamming to the SpinFit Double flange tips and very much enjoying them on the MEST.

Do the tips from Moondrop variations fit the bore on the MEST? Did you ever get the jvc spiral dot ii tips.

On the Mest is it your end game iem, or are going upgrade them to something else?

Oct 12, 2021 at 4:31 PM Post #1,569 of 3,234
Do the tips from Moondrop variations fit the bore on the MEST? Did you ever get the jvc spiral dot ii tips.

On the Mest is it your end game iem, or are going upgrade them to something else?
Yes variations does for mest. Never ordered the spiral Dots. Definitely end game for a good while. I'm working on my source now. Doing things a bit backwards. Looking at the 300 max or dx312

Oct 13, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #1,570 of 3,234
Don't have the crystal but I do have the Sedna light short (as in your picture?), they are nice but prefer the Xelastecs for sound. But now I have replaced them with the Epro EP01, those are even better! You made me curious though about the Spinfit cp1025, they seem so tiny, perhaps allowing an even deeper fit which could improve the bone conduction with the Mest 2. I think I'll try them! Sigh, this never ends :sweat_smile:
So do you prefer the Zelastecs over the Sednas? Why?

Oct 16, 2021 at 11:51 PM Post #1,571 of 3,234
find the foam stuffed hybrids that came with my dba02 mk2s are wonderful and provide a good seal without making them overly boomy, but dont think these tips are readily accessable.

Generic foam tips from lostearbuds I find are also great, especially for the price!
Quote:

Depth is one significant one

For my best fit I use a combination of these 2 posts. First I use spacer on the nozzle to get the eartip positioned where it fits best. I use a small size tip cut it to the width needed you can also use o rings for this.

The next step is to make my own hybrid eartip. Currently I’m using the jvc spiral dot ++ for the silicone one cover with a foam insert. I bought some cheap foam on Aliexpress or you could amazon. Please note I had to remove foam first from these( it slides right out) The JVC spiral dots ++ are wide bore so this is the reason I used the foam below. You should try to match the diameter of foam to the nozzle core diameter.
I used these.
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005002309275748.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.53964c4djzBOsM
00F17E8D-4E7D-4823-8591-76CA5374BC73.jpeg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2021 at 10:51 PM Post #1,573 of 3,234
Whizzer has patented eartips called Easytips. I'm so curious, especially about these ET100 ones
Funny, I did multiple searches this morning to look for reviews on these and couldn't find much.... I'd love to get some impressions too

Oct 18, 2021 at 5:05 AM Post #1,575 of 3,234

Users who are viewing this thread

Back