Best IEM tips?
Jul 12, 2021 at 3:05 PM Post #1,501 of 3,226
Thanks! I'm guessing I need to make a new Amazon Jp account to buy these? Won't let me log in with my Amazon US account.
yeah, you need a separate account there.

Jul 24, 2021 at 4:33 AM Post #1,504 of 3,226
If I use sednaearfit L. What other tips are recommended?
It's hard to recommend tips blindly. Ideally we match the tips to your IEMs (both their physical dimensions (length, girth) and their tonality) and to your listening preferences. There are tips to tame hot treble, tips to make the sound thicker, add/remove details, etc etc.

Sedna Azla has a big (dare I say huge?) bore and its pretty hard (not mushy like foam tips nor too rubbery like CP100). This results in increased treble, sparkle and clarity. Good for some, not so good for others (and it won't even fit some!). I like it on my JadeAudio EA3 because it adds some brightness to the dark sound. It's acceptable on the Starfields though I personally find a slight unnaturalness between the sparkly top and the heavy bottom. I really don't like it on the already-shrill NM2+.

The short Azla has a lessened effect and is a more versatile choice to me.

A "safe" recommendation would be the Spinfit CP145 and the Acoustune 07. They both have a neutralish sound signature (as long as the bore girth isn't too different from the tips's), with the CP145 winning in comfort and warmth/smoothness and the Acoustune having a sliiiightly more cold analytical sound. I suggest starting with the CP145 (popular choice!) and maybe try the Acoustune 07 if you want a lighter sound or Acoustune 08 if you want a thicker sound.

Jul 24, 2021 at 5:57 AM Post #1,505 of 3,226
It's hard to recommend tips blindly. Ideally we match the tips to your IEMs (both their physical dimensions (length, girth) and their tonality) and to your listening preferences. There are tips to tame hot treble, tips to make the sound thicker, add/remove details, etc etc.

Sedna Azla has a big (dare I say huge?) bore and its pretty hard (not mushy like foam tips nor too rubbery like CP100). This results in increased treble, sparkle and clarity. Good for some, not so good for others (and it won't even fit some!). I like it on my JadeAudio EA3 because it adds some brightness to the dark sound. It's acceptable on the Starfields though I personally find a slight unnaturalness between the sparkly top and the heavy bottom. I really don't like it on the already-shrill NM2+.

The short Azla has a lessened effect and is a more versatile choice to me.

A "safe" recommendation would be the Spinfit CP145 and the Acoustune 07. They both have a neutralish sound signature (as long as the bore girth isn't too different from the tips's), with the CP145 winning in comfort and warmth/smoothness and the Acoustune having a sliiiightly more cold analytical sound. I suggest starting with the CP145 (popular choice!) and maybe try the Acoustune 07 if you want a lighter sound or Acoustune 08 if you want a thicker sound.

Good advise. Eartips are as personal as shoe sizes, we all have different ear anatomies and this affects fit (which affects seal and subbass) and pinna gain (upper mids) etc.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2021 at 4:02 AM Post #1,506 of 3,226
Recent incoming.
Final tips deliver as stated, always excellent mids
But I noticed they are consistent at narrowing the stage

IMG_20210703_155334.jpg

Jul 30, 2021 at 12:44 PM Post #1,507 of 3,226
Jul 30, 2021 at 1:09 PM Post #1,508 of 3,226
My #2 favorite is Spinfit CP155 Medium and #1 favorite would definitely be EPro EP01 Medium. I like the midrange the cp155 has but sometimes it can tend to bleed where as the EP01 is just amazing across the entire frequency range. EP01 opens the Variations up.

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:04 PM Post #1,509 of 3,226
FYI - The Azla Crystal standards are up on Amazon US finally. Coming from the Xelastecs, these are now my go-to ear tips. They're not quite as sticky as the Xelastecs but still stay put nearly as well. Sonically the same to my ears, too. They do pick up some dust but the silicone doesn't deform like the TPE which I find is a plus.

Aug 22, 2021 at 1:32 PM Post #1,510 of 3,226
I use the Azla Sedna Earfit Light, short. Anyone know how these differ in fit / sound?

Aug 23, 2021 at 2:04 AM Post #1,512 of 3,226
Aug 23, 2021 at 7:55 AM Post #1,513 of 3,226
My Favorites are:

Azla earfit short
Acoustune AET07 and AET08
Spiral dot ++
Epro horn shaped

On EE Hero i like Final E
On RSV i like stock tips

Aug 23, 2021 at 9:36 AM Post #1,514 of 3,226
Of the following tips:

- Acoustune AET07
- Acoustune AET08
- Azla SednaEarFit Standard
- Azla SednaEarFit Light
- ePro EP00
- Final E
- Sony Hybrid
- SpinFit CP100
- SpinFit CP100+
- SpinFit CP145
- Spiral Dot
- Symbio Peel
- Symbio W

...the ePro EP00 are consistently my favourite tips by a fair margin, particularly in terms of clarity, staging, bass definition / control, treble extension / detail / refinement, and preservation of tonal balance.

Last edited:
Aug 25, 2021 at 1:03 AM Post #1,515 of 3,226
My Top 4 would be (as these are the only ones I have XD):

Rank 1: ePro EP00 Medium (great with spacer mod for Penon Fan and KZ ZAX)
Rank 2: Spiral Dots version 1 (great with spacer mod for Penon Fan and KZ ZAX)
Rank 3: Acoustune AET07
Rank 4: Azla Xelastec Medium (can't discern any improvement with spacer mod)
------
Rank 1 Special bang for the buck mention: Generic TRN Foam Tips with spacer mod for Blon-03 and Blon-01

Users who are viewing this thread

Back