Best IEM tips?
Mar 19, 2021 at 7:03 AM Post #1,382 of 3,229
Mar 19, 2021 at 8:09 AM Post #1,383 of 3,229
How many did you order lol.
One pack of the Radius Deep Mount, where all sizes are included. Not that expensive.

But the Spiral Dots are expensive and I ordered them in MS, M and ML (need different sizes for different IEMs).

Shipping to Germany + taxes upfront and voila, 86€ or about 100$. :D

Mar 21, 2021 at 2:53 PM Post #1,385 of 3,229
20210304_154149.jpg

Big haul of tips, starting with 3 of them.

Sony EP-TC50
20210304_154445.jpg

20210304_154527.jpg

Starting with the boring part first, it is the same as the Triple-comfort tips that comes in the XBA-N3, my favorite silicone/foam hybrid tip out of the 2 I got (these and the Symbio W). Fit and sounds like a silicone tip, comfort and isolation like a softer foam tip. Price is around 1100-1500 jpy, which is around 12 usd for 2 pairs. Recommended if you want to try a silicone/foam hybrid tip, otherwise I still prefer silicone tips a lot more.
(they even have the XBA-N3 pictured in the package, 100% the same tips.)
Nice and interesting, that those JVC EP-FX8 are still on sale and a note about the Sony EP-TC50.
Those Sony tips obviously replaced their former EP-EXN50 line and imho in a disappointing way, that were silicone tips with foam inlay and felt better than these hybrid material that somehow deforming like complys :sweat_smile:
Unfortunately I ordered years ago the wrong size and figured out last year that the EP-EXN50 gone for good .

EP-EXN50.jpg

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2021 at 3:10 PM Post #1,386 of 3,229
Nice and interesting, that those JVC EP-FX8 are still on sale and a note about the Sony EP-TC50.
Those Sony tips obviously replaced their former EP-EXN50 line and imho in a disappointing way, that were silicone tips with foam inlay and felt better than these hybrid material that somehow deforming like complys :sweat_smile:
Unfortunately I ordered years ago the wrong size and figured out last year that the EP-EXN50 gone for good .

EP-EXN50.jpg
Didnt know the model name for their older hybrids tips with 2 materials instead of the newer one with the silicone/foam fusion, thanks.

There arent a lot of hybrid tips out there besides the old sony, Symbio W and the Queen Lab Hybrid Silicone Memory

Mar 25, 2021 at 9:00 AM Post #1,387 of 3,229
Received today the Radius Deep Mount and the Spiral Dot++ from Amazon Japan (shipping was just 6 days to Germany).

The Spiral Dot++ are not that different for me in comparison to the normal Spiral Dot, maybe slightly more bass and less mids in a direct a/b comparison. Slightly more comfy also. But for the price, for me, the normal Spiral Dot are good enough.

The Radius Deep Mount are special in their shape and have a very good fit and seal. Xelastecs are still the king for me in this category but the Deep Mount come right after on par with the Spiral Dot++ (but I have to see in longer sessions, after several hours my ears hurt a little bit with the Spiral Dot where I don't even feel the Xelastecs).
Soundwise they are also on the brighter side but not peaky at all. But with better and tighter bass than the Spiral Dot++.

The soundstage seems to be a little bit bigger with the Spiral Dot++. I think because of their wide bores.

The isolation is definitely better with the Deep Mount but it's a known weakness of the Spiral Dot (and Spiral Dot++).

Edit: Tested with the FD5.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 9:09 AM Post #1,388 of 3,229
Received today the Radius Deep Mount and the Spiral Dot++ from Amazon Japan (shipping was just 6 days to Germany).

The Spiral Dot++ are not that different for me in comparison to the normal Spiral Dot, maybe slightly more bass and less mids in a direct a/b comparison. Slightly more comfy also. But for the price, for me, the normal Spiral Dot are good enough.

The Radius Deep Mount are special in their shape and have a very good fit and seal. Xelastecs are still the king for me in this category but the Deep Mount come right after on par with the Spiral Dot++ (but I have to see in longer sessions, after several hours my ears hurt a little bit with the Spiral Dot where I don't even feel the Xelastecs).
Soundwise they are also on the brighter side but not peaky at all. But with better and tighter bass than the Spiral Dot++.

The soundstage seems to be a little bit bigger with the Spiral Dot++. I think because of their wide bores.

The isolation is definitely better with the Deep Mount but it's a known weakness of the Spiral Dot (and Spiral Dot++).

Edit: Tested with the FD5.
Try it with the blon 03 if you have it. That was the biggest change I got with it and in a very good way.

Mar 25, 2021 at 9:50 AM Post #1,389 of 3,229
i just spent 50 bucks getting some alzas from the US, i hope they hold up to the fame (picking them up this afternoon)

which is funny since supposably they are german.

Last edited:
Mar 25, 2021 at 10:30 AM Post #1,390 of 3,229
i just spent 50 bucks getting some alzas from the US, i hope they hold up to the fame (picking them up this afternoon)

which is funny since supposably they are german.
Azla is Korean.

Mar 25, 2021 at 3:07 PM Post #1,391 of 3,229
ah ok
i just picked them up, put them on my n400, i must say, im impressed.

last time i saw such a difference was with the only decent audio product to come out of monster, their silicon hybrid tips.

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:32 AM Post #1,392 of 3,229
Hi guys I need help. I got the BL01 for my bro, and only Spinfits (CP100L & CP360L), Xelastecs (ML) and TRN L foams fit him. Even Final E, Sony Hybrids, inverted KZ Starlines, Marunana, BGVP W01, Acoustune AET08 and cheap wide bores (all in L/LL) don't work. Problem is, he's using my tips and I want them back. What other tips would you recommend to try? I'm looking at Spinfit CP145L and SednaEarfit Light ML atm

Mar 27, 2021 at 2:50 AM Post #1,393 of 3,229
Hi guys I need help. I got the BL01 for my bro, and only Spinfits (CP100L & CP360L), Xelastecs (ML) and TRN L foams fit him. Even Final E, Sony Hybrids, inverted KZ Starlines, Marunana, BGVP W01, Acoustune AET08 and cheap wide bores (all in L/LL) don't work. Problem is, he's using my tips and I want them back. What other tips would you recommend to try? I'm looking at Spinfit CP145L and SednaEarfit Light ML atm
If CP100L works, CP145L works too. Both works on my Monarch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back