Best IEM tips?
Dec 19, 2020 at 2:00 PM Post #1,126 of 3,230
Size L....which is always the case so far on my ~ 15 year IEM journey. I have yet to find tips that give me seal unless they are size L (or XL). For example, the Spinfit C145 are nicely made, but size L just isn't big enough, and I'm pretty sure they don't make size XL for the C145 at least..

A comparison between Large CP145 vs LL Final E vs Large Sedna Earfit
AA4F3D00-5EC3-44C6-9A04-77AF10782410.jpeg

Another size comparison between LL Final E (top) vs Large Sedna Earfit (bottom).
9D81B21C-C8C3-46FB-AE1B-C21B1BB25B84.jpeg

Dec 19, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #1,127 of 3,230
AA4F3D00-5EC3-44C6-9A04-77AF10782410.jpeg

Another size comparison between LL Final E (top) vs Large Sedna Earfit (bottom).
9D81B21C-C8C3-46FB-AE1B-C21B1BB25B84.jpeg
Thanks...the XL Final E tips are are more "tapered", I guess you could say, but at their widest point, they seem ~ equivalent to the size L Sednas. Might be worth the ~$20 or so for me to acquire.

Dec 19, 2020 at 4:22 PM Post #1,128 of 3,230

Yep, I use Azla Sedna Earfit Light Tips "MS" and Final E "M"...the former run large.

Conversely, I just received ADV elliptical which I'm told run small, so I bought "L". Haven't tried them out yet but other users ay they are closer to other manufacrtuer's "M".

Too bad there's not a more consistent standard for sizing across manufacturers!

Last edited:
Dec 19, 2020 at 4:47 PM Post #1,129 of 3,230
Yep, I use Azla Sedna Earfit Light Tips "MS" and Final E "M"...the former run large.

Conversely, I just received ADV elliptical which I'm told run small, so I bought "L". Haven't tried them out yet but other users ay they are closer to other manufacrtuer's "M".

Too bad there's not a more consistent standard for sizing across manufacturers!
Trying the ADV. Eartune Fidelity U with my TRI I3 now, 4 comments:
1. They were a bit difficult too get past the lip on my I3, not sure what the inner dimension is but may not work well with vey large bore IEM's
2. The elliptical shape doesn't seem to make them harder to insert with decent seal.
3. The "L" definitely fits more like a "M" of other brands for my medium to slightly small ears.
4. Sound quality is very balanced, perhaps a bit on the bright side which is actually a good thing with I3. Enjoying them so far!

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 12:54 PM Post #1,131 of 3,230
Props to @holsen for talking-up the TENNMAK Ultra Strong foam tips (size L) in another thread, available on Ali. I have never liked foam tips in the past a/c how they've badly affected sound (*for me*). Delivery took a month as expected but they arrived this morning.

When I first saw them, I actually laughed and said "too small, no way I'll get seal....but I was wrong. Only had these in my ears for a ~30 minutes so far, but comfort is outstanding (as foams always have been for me) and the sound.....isn't terrible. Bass impact is lessened somewhat (listening to some progressive house), and upper-mid and treble sparkle isn't quite as pronounced as I'm used to, but it's not the massive suck-out like I've experienced with foams in the past.

Will these displace my favorites (AZLA Sedna Earfit, regular & light)? Nope...but these TENNMAKs will be terrific for especially long listening sessions, especially when I start flying again as isolation is really good as well..

Last edited:
Dec 22, 2020 at 2:08 PM Post #1,132 of 3,230
Props to @holsen for talking-up the TENNMAK Ultra Strong foam tips (size L) in another thread, available on Ali. I have never liked foam tips in the past a/c how they've badly affected sound (*for me*). Delivery took a month as expected but they arrived this morning.

When I first saw them, I actually laughed and said "too small, no way I'll get seal....but I was wrong. Only had these in my ears for a ~30 minutes so far, but comfort is outstanding (as foams always have been for me) and the sound.....isn't terrible. Bass impact is lessened somewhat (listening to some progressive house), and upper-mid and treble sparkle isn't quite as pronounced as I'm used to, but it's not the massive suck-out like I've experienced with foams in the past.

Will these displace my favorites (AZLA Sedna Earfit, regular & light)? Nope...but these TENNMAKs will be terrific for especially long listening sessions, especially when I start flying again as isolation is really good as well..
Yep, my favorite foam tips by far. They are ultra strong too, as they are somewhat challenging to cut/make shorter, even with an ultra sharp ceramic knife. Very resilient.

Dec 27, 2020 at 12:20 PM Post #1,136 of 3,230
A little I think.
I find them quite a bit softer than the CP145 and CP100 tips. They don’t have much structure, but because they’re smaller than normal, they work. If, for instance, the XL CP100s were made out of the same material, I think they would deform too much in one’s ear.

Dec 27, 2020 at 10:31 PM Post #1,137 of 3,230

Stocked up on my fav tips. Always a worry that these will become unavailable considering Ortofon discontinued their earphones years ago, though according to their support "stock will be maintained as long as there is demand".

Where can you get these tips? They seem rather costly.

Eartips are so peculiar. I'm one of those guys that has probably bought at least 15 different types of after market tips. Not just the Ali cheapies but some legit tips. What I've come to learn is that there is so much synergy with the way they fit from the tip size, the IEM nozzle length, IEM and tip Bore diameter, the IEM shape and whether the eartip is large to small diameter opening into the ear.

I have my favorite tips (Sedna) but that doesn't matter at the tip only well if everything else adds up. I have IEMs that I shelved to only try later after acquiring more tips to find the match. That perfect matched with the complementing of the sound signature.

I think I've only doing 1 IEM ever where the stock tips actually worked for me.

Dec 27, 2020 at 11:09 PM Post #1,138 of 3,230
I tried the Symbio 'f' today and they sound little bit muddy (or muffled). Is that normal for 100% memory foam tips?? I have never used foam tips before (silicone oems only). Very comfortable though, but I also find myself raising the volume a bit, as if the foam is absorbing the sound. Is that how foam is supposed to be??

Users who are viewing this thread

Back