Best IEM tips?
Dec 14, 2020 at 12:00 AM Post #1,111 of 3,228
Dec 16, 2020 at 6:39 PM Post #1,112 of 3,228
Have received my BGVP tips. So far have had play time with W01 on my Smabat NCO. They're extremely comfortable and perfect for IEMs with small nozzles like BL03. They're cheap JVC Spiral Dots alternative IMO. Very similar in sound presentation. Opens up soundstage and livens up upper mids. Will share my impressions on other tips as I spend more time with them. IMO these tips are great cheap alternatives to have in tips armoury. Can fit multiple IEMs and are extremely light on the wallet.
Interested in your thoughts on any others if you got some. Still struggling for comfort with my FH3 so just on the hunt for tips!

Dec 17, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #1,113 of 3,228
Interested in your thoughts on any others if you got some. Still struggling for comfort with my FH3 so just on the hunt for tips!

Currently I am super addicted to Smabat NCO and W01 tips. But over the weekend, I should be able to spend some time with others and will surely share my impressions about them.

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #1,114 of 3,228
After seeing Final Audio Ear Tips mentioned by several people, on various threads - I ordered three different sizes (XL, L, M) to try on my IEMs.

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:02 AM Post #1,115 of 3,228
After seeing Final Audio Ear Tips mentioned by several people, on various threads - I ordered three different sizes (XL, L, M) to try on my IEMs.

Did u get the Final Audio E series tips? The black or clear ones?

Dec 19, 2020 at 2:11 AM Post #1,116 of 3,228
Dec 19, 2020 at 2:13 AM Post #1,117 of 3,228
Dec 19, 2020 at 2:17 AM Post #1,118 of 3,228
I ordered the Black w/Red Tip Adapters, from Amazon.

Nice, they are my most favourite tips, I've about 12 pairs of them. Very good for taming treble and tightening the bass, so very useful for bright IEMs, which a lot of budget CHIFI fall into this category.

I've even started buying some 2nd hand IEMs like the Kinera Tyr at $20 USD to get the included Final E tips. The Kinera Tyr isn't good sounding, locked it in a drawer after giving it a 2 hour trial. But since the Final E tips go at $15 USD by themselves, figured it was like getting an add on IEM at $5 USD.

Some audiophile friends of mine say the clear Final E tips are brighter than the black ones, but I haven't tried the clear ones so can't verify.

Dec 19, 2020 at 7:49 AM Post #1,119 of 3,228
Nice, they are my most favourite tips, I've about 12 pairs of them. Very good for taming treble and tightening the bass, so very useful for bright IEMs, which a lot of budget CHIFI fall into this category.

I've even started buying some 2nd hand IEMs like the Kinera Tyr at $20 USD to get the included Final E tips. The Kinera Tyr isn't good sounding, locked it in a drawer after giving it a 2 hour trial. But since the Final E tips go at $15 USD by themselves, figured it was like getting an add on IEM at $5 USD.

Some audiophile friends of mine say the clear Final E tips are brighter than the black ones, but I haven't tried the clear ones so can't verify.
yup, clear E tips are brighter than the black ones. Its good for iems that are already very dark like the Final E5000, but otherwise I just prefer the normal black ones.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:24 AM Post #1,120 of 3,228
I've wanted to try the Final E series tips, but have been confused by product descriptions in the past (are they "E series"?; not always made clear by certain vendors) as well as not being sure what the sizing is like (& what size nozzle they'll work for). I have somewhat weird ears, apparently, so I need large tips to achieve seal at my outer ear canal opening; no deep insertion as 99% of IEMs I've tried don't have nozzles long enough. Hard to explain; just suffice to say I have atypical ears, but have stubbornly refused going custom.

The Sedna Earfits have worked well for me, and I appreciate that sizing information is always provided, IME at least. They provide a graphic showing dimensions. So many other tips are total guesswork, which I presume is the point...to make us buy multiple sizes, hahaha. Or, in the case of the Spinfits I've tried, buy multiple to find literally none that will provide me seal, LOL.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:26 AM Post #1,121 of 3,228
I've wanted to try the Final E series tips, but have been confused by product descriptions in the past (are they "E series"?; not always made clear by certain vendors) as well as not being sure what the sizing is like (& what size nozzle they'll work for). I have somewhat weird ears, apparently, so I need large tips to achieve seal at my outer ear canal opening; no deep insertion as 99% of IEMs I've tried don't have nozzles long enough. Hard to explain; just suffice to say I have atypical ears, but have stubbornly refused going custom.

The Sedna Earfits have worked well for me, and I appreciate that sizing information is always provided, IME at least. They provide a graphic showing dimensions. So many other tips are total guesswork, which I presume is the point...to make use buy multiple sizes, hahaha. Or, in the case of the Spinfits I've tried, buy multiple to find literally none that will provide me seal, LOL.
The Type E tips are similar to the Sony tips (EP-EX10/11) but with a longer stem and a tighter grip so it fits more iems and gives a deeper insertion.

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:34 AM Post #1,122 of 3,228

The Sedna Earfits have worked well for me, and I appreciate that sizing information is always provided, IME at least. They provide a graphic showing dimensions. So many other tips are total guesswork, which I presume is the point...to make us buy multiple sizes, hahaha. Or, in the case of the Spinfits I've tried, buy multiple to find literally none that will provide me seal, LOL.
The Final E tips work with all nozzles except the most wide, like the UrbanFun YBF, or the narrowest, like Etymotic, Shure, Westone.

What size Sedna tips fit you best?

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:40 AM Post #1,123 of 3,228
The Final E tips work with all nozzles except the most wide, like the UrbanFun YBF, or the narrowest, like Etymotic, Shure, Westone.

What size Sedna tips fit you best?
Size L....which is always the case so far on my ~ 15 year IEM journey. I have yet to find tips that give me seal unless they are size L (or XL). For example, the Spinfit C145 are nicely made, but size L just isn't big enough, and I'm pretty sure they don't make size XL for the C145 at least..

Dec 19, 2020 at 11:44 AM Post #1,124 of 3,228
Size L....which is always the case so far on my ~ 15 year IEM journey. I have yet to find tips that give me seal unless they are size L (or XL). For example, the Spinfit C145 are nicely made, but size L just isn't big enough, and I'm pretty sure they don't make size XL for the C145 at least..
oh, then the Type E´s might be too small for you. Sedna tips are bigger than average tips.

The Type E´s do have LL size, but that is more like average L.

Dec 19, 2020 at 12:36 PM Post #1,125 of 3,228
I use Sedna size L and Final E size LL, and both fit me great. For SpinFit, you need XL with the CP100, though they do sound different from the CP145. Have you tried getting the largest KZ Starline tips, and flipping them?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back