Best IEM tips?
Oct 3, 2020 at 2:06 AM Post #1,036 of 3,226
I've been using Azla SednaEarfit Xelastec and it is great. Very tacky and has excellent isolation. Make sure you get 1 size smaller than your regular silicone tips. I normally use Medium on other silicone eartips, but I am using Small on Xelastec.

Oct 6, 2020 at 5:12 AM Post #1,038 of 3,226
I wonder, has anyone ever achieved a seal while the tips are barely in the ear canal at all? Apparently I got that with:
IMG_20201006_022403.jpg

Sadly I have no idea where these tips come from... How they arrived to my doorstep is a mystery to me.

Because of such shallow insertion you'd think I'd lose on bass extension... turns out I get about 20Hz more extension than any of the stock tips I've tried.

Also can anyone estimate the bore diameter by looking at them? I have no idea how to measure this and I don't have anything to measure this anyway.

Oct 6, 2020 at 6:14 AM Post #1,039 of 3,226
I wonder, has anyone ever achieved a seal while the tips are barely in the ear canal at all? Apparently I got that with:IMG_20201006_022403.jpg

Sadly I have no idea where these tips come from... How they arrived to my doorstep is a mystery to me.

Because of such shallow insertion you'd think I'd lose on bass extension... turns out I get about 20Hz more extension than any of the stock tips I've tried.

Also can anyone estimate the bore diameter by looking at them? I have no idea how to measure this and I don't have anything to measure this anyway.

You're actually holding something that can be used as a reference measuring tool - because the diameter of the ferrule (locking ring) on the MMCX connector is ~3mm. :ksc75smile:

Oct 6, 2020 at 6:25 AM Post #1,040 of 3,226
You're actually holding something that can be used as a reference measuring tool - because the diameter of the ferrule (locking ring) on the MMCX connector is ~3mm. :ksc75smile:
I tried using the bottom of the cable plug since that's apparently 4.4mm, although all I can figure out from this is that it's wide enough that the bottom of the jack goes though.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:51 AM Post #1,041 of 3,226
Recently got to try out EARTUNE FIDELITY U, which is the one with oval shape.

Their largest size called large wasn't large enough to fit me ears. They need to make an XL. Generally, I require larfe size tips.

I don't see how oval shape can work. I was confused how the oval should be oriented.

Although due to fit I couldn't assess properly, I found the highs to be improved by these. Perhaps it's due to the angled outlet at the end of the sound canal?

20201016_102050.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 8:54 AM Post #1,042 of 3,226

Their largest size called large wasn't large enough to fit me ears. They need to make an XL.

I don't see how oval shape can work. I was confused how the oval should be oriented.

Although due to fit I couldn't assess properly, I found the highs to be improved by these. Perhaps it's due to the angled outlet at the end of the sound canal?

The majority of ear canals are oval shaped and have the top/bottom as the long side IIRC. Ymmv, in angle and shape, as everyone's ears are shaped differently.

Oct 17, 2020 at 8:55 AM Post #1,043 of 3,226

Their largest size called large wasn't large enough to fit me ears. They need to make an XL. Generally, I require larfe size tips.

20201016_102050.jpg
Align the oval vertically when you insert them. Of course that won’t make them any larger. Maybe try them with IEM’s that have a deeper insertion, just to see how they fare in that scenario.

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:01 AM Post #1,044 of 3,226
Align the oval vertically when you insert them. Of course that won’t make them any larger. Maybe try them with IEM’s that have a deeper insertion, just to see how they fare in that scenario.
Alignment isn't simple with a fixed orientation due to not knowing precisely how the iem will be oriented when on the canal.

I guess if the size is smaller than I use normally, I guess deeper insertion iems could work, but I don't have any iems that are deep insertion. When I think of deep insertion, I think of ones that require triple flanges like Etys.

Oct 17, 2020 at 9:04 AM Post #1,045 of 3,226
Going to give these a shot on my CCA CA16. Not primarily for a sound variance, more so for retention. As my Tennmak Ultra Strong tips sometimes choose to stay in my ear canal.
Linsoul Tripowin Spiral Groove Memory Foam Eartips
Link to Amazon
thanks for this because I am finding that the CCA's are so particular (crashy highs and whatnot) ...I am trying to find the right tips for these before I make a decision to send them back or not...

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 9:22 AM Post #1,046 of 3,226
thanks for this because I am finding that the CCA's are so particular (crashy highs and whatnot) ...I am trying to find the right tips for these before I make a decision to send them back or not...
The Linsoul Tripowin Spiral Groove Memory Foam Eartips ended up in my drawer of regret. The rebound time of the memory foam is on par with a senior citizen, in the Express lane, at the grocery store. I had to actually hold the CA16 in place, for more than 15 seconds, while waiting for the tip to decompress, in my ear hole.

Oct 17, 2020 at 10:21 AM Post #1,047 of 3,226
Here's the back of the packing with information about EARTUNE FIDELITY U in terms of shape and dimentions. I do think there is something to the way the bore outlet is angled. It is 4mm wide, so wide bore which I think is a good width. I think this angled bore outlet causes better quality highs.

However, I don't believe oval shape design will work. With round designs, the silicone will adjust to the contour of the canal shape. With oval, you don't know if you have placed the oval precisely to fit correctly. Chances are much greater with oval shape to have wrong fit because the fit depends on the orientation of the tips.

20201017_071809.jpg

Last edited:
Oct 17, 2020 at 11:12 AM Post #1,048 of 3,226
FWIW, I get an outstanding seal with my Klipsch oval ear tips. I‘m able to just insert them vertically, and they may rotate slightly to conform. HOWEVER, the Klipsch IEMs are “bullet-shaped”, with a straight insertion, so I am able to push them in as deep as needed to get a good seal.

Oct 19, 2020 at 9:54 PM Post #1,049 of 3,226
Hi im a beginner but would like to post my thoughts on 2 tips orderedm the tennmak ultra strong tips and AZLA xelastics medium 3 pairs on amazon after some earlier reviews.

Xelastics
Expensive but nothing else like it $30 usd amazon 3 pair
Actual size is definitely larger but i dont know if I recommend getting a full size smaller..
As someone else said before, seal of a foam tip but acoustics of silicone - rings true for me.
Get dirty very easily but cleaning seems easy too.

If youre having a hard time putting them on due to their sticky surface you can slightly damp with some water to help getting it fit in

Tennmak ultra strong
Cheap $7 usd amazon 6 pair
Some type of slippery oil applied to them?
Should be named ultra soft- reallly slow rebound time if any
I felt the stem of my iems that caused pain in ear after prolonged use. Might just be me having this issue though

Both sound great to me and i wont be returning either of them but would give overall sound xelastics takes the cake

if youre looking for expensive unique silicone-xelastics, (medium recommendation)
if youre looking for budget super soft foam, tennmak ultra strength (weak recommendation)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back