Best IEM tips?
Jan 16, 2020 at 1:16 PM Post #691 of 3,226
If you are referring to the inside, then you want the E-pro tips.

Also the Jvc SpiralDots.

And the AZLA SednaEarfits and the AZLA SednaEarfitsLight (i don't know, but I think Light refers to the color only)
You know what is interesting? The guy that was involved in the design of iem for the tips I posted also was involved with Azla. So, it seems he's into horn type output on tips. I don't know any other tips that project out like Horns.

The company is Sonicast in Korea, and I believe Azla is korean as well. Too bad Sonicast iems are not available in USA. It might be the closest Harman tuned iems.

I just ordered AZLA tips, and only ML was available from Prime on Amazon. Crossing my fingers they fit fine as sometimes L fit better for me.

Last edited:
Jan 16, 2020 at 1:29 PM Post #692 of 3,226
You know what is interesting? The guy that was involved in the design of iem for the tips I posted also was involved with Azla. So, it seems he's into horn type output on tips. I don't know any other tips that project out like Horns.

The company is Sonicast in Korea, and I believe Azla is korean as well. Too bad Sonicast iems are not available in USA. It might be the closest Harman tuned iems.

I just ordered AZLA tips, and only ML was available from Prime on Amazon. Crossing my fingers they fit fine as sometimes L fit better for me.

Definitely try the Starline Flip Tips. The Flip Tip mod makes them horn shaped, and flipping a M tip increases the size to a ML or just shy of a L.

It sounds right up your alley :)

Jan 18, 2020 at 2:00 AM Post #694 of 3,226
I have these 4mm wide triple felange tips. They work, but no idea if they are considered the best out there. They are soft with no flaws.

ALXCD Triple Flange Ear Tip, 6 Pairs S/M/L Size Triple Three Flange Noise Isolate Silicone Cushion Ear Bud Tips with 4mm Connector Hole, Fit for Most in Ear Earphone (Black)[S/M/L] https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0776ZHJLV/

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 10:06 AM Post #695 of 3,226
I got the AZLA Sedna tips. Underwhelmed... The bore size is too big! The imaging suffers. My ideal bore size is usually 4-4.5mm. There are exceptions however, like Empire Ears stuff that works best with narrower bore tips, the Final Audio tips.

On the other hand, I got the Spinfit CP-240. It's a good tip to have in your tips collection. It can be used for narrow nozzles like for Shures with the adapter that comes with to thicken the nozzle for various eartips to be compartable with narrow nozzle.

I would highly recommend 240 for those that runs into situations of iem nozzles that are too short for them as the 240 tips help extend the fit. As far as sound, the 240's material seems to smoothen out the sounds. Bass sounds softer and so does the upper-frequencies. So, these tips are worth a try if you find an iem sounding splashy treble.

Last edited:
Jan 18, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #696 of 3,226
I got the AZLA Sedna tips. Underwhelmed... The bore size is too big! The imaging suffers. My ideal bore size is usually 4-4.5mm. There are exceptions however, like Empire Ears stuff that works best with narrower bore tips, the Final Audio tips.

On the other hand, I got the Spinfit CP-240. It's a good tip to have in your tips collection. It can be used for narrow nozzles like for Shures with the adapter that comes with to thicken the nozzle for various eartips to be compartable with narrow nozzle.

I would highly recommend 240 for those that runs into situations of iem nozzles that are too short for them as the 240 tips help extend the fit. As far as sound, the 240's material seems to smoothen out the sounds. Bass sounds softer and so does the upper-frequencies. So, these tips are worth a try if you find an iem sounding splashy treble.
imaging suffers from wide bore? from my experience wide bore causes the mids to get further emphasized. On IEMs that have mid peaks it can cause them to sound crowded or harsh. Maybe that is what why you feel it affects imaging? With the IEMs I use with sednas, it increases sound stage and airiness, and as long as it doesn't have any harsh peaks in the mids or highs, the imaging is actually improved compared to narrow bore, due to how the wide bore opens up the sound stage. But that's my personal experience.

Jan 18, 2020 at 11:42 PM Post #697 of 3,226
imaging suffers from wide bore? from my experience wide bore causes the mids to get further emphasized. On IEMs that have mid peaks it can cause them to sound crowded or harsh. Maybe that is what why you feel it affects imaging? With the IEMs I use with sednas, it increases sound stage and airiness, and as long as it doesn't have any harsh peaks in the mids or highs, the imaging is actually improved compared to narrow bore, due to how the wide bore opens up the sound stage. But that's my personal experience.

My experience is like yours.

I imagine SilverEars is pinching the tips somehow. Like his ear canal is really narrow, less than 5mm, so a wider bore gets pushed back upon.

Or his ears canal may have a corner built-in to them, and that corner is pinching wide tips.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2020 at 5:16 PM Post #698 of 3,226
anyone can help me find from where i can buy sony hybrid tips ML ( medium large
), as the minimum order for international buyers must above over 200 usd. So is there another online store that sells those and ships internationally

part # 4-743-463-01 (ML)

https://sony.encompass.com/item/12444745/Sony/4-743-463-01/

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:10 AM Post #699 of 3,226
The Azla SendaEarfitLight eartips appear to have solved my fit issues with the Tanchjim Oxygen. Ever since I got the Oxygen, I've been trying to find tips for them that fit securely (most conventional tips are not wide enough), don't come out in my ears when taking the IEMs out of my ears (which was a problem with triple flange eartips), and preserve bass (an issue with short, wide bore tips). The SendaEarfitLights hits all three boxes.

Jan 21, 2020 at 7:56 AM Post #700 of 3,226
Does anyone have a link for Azla tips on taobao please?

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:28 AM Post #701 of 3,226
The tips are from Japan , shouldn't be on Taobao.

Get them from Amazon or ebay....possibly Rakuten? Dokodemo?

Last edited:
Jan 21, 2020 at 8:35 AM Post #702 of 3,226
The tips are from Japan , shouldn't be on Taobao.

Get them from Amazon or ebay....possibly Rakuten? Dokodemo?
I thought they are from Korea. And they are on taobao though through a chinese reseller i suppose. Taobao is much easier for me. Amazon and ebay are a no go for me. Thanks for the reply.

Jan 21, 2020 at 8:36 AM Post #703 of 3,226
Ouch you beat me to it. I had rechecked my package and was gonna edit Korea.

Jan 21, 2020 at 9:54 AM Post #704 of 3,226
Azla sedna originally from Korea, but being sold in japan.
1 of the best tips off my entire eartips collection
Original, light, short, short light all great fit with different purposes

Jan 22, 2020 at 2:27 PM Post #705 of 3,226

imaging suffers from wide bore? from my experience wide bore causes the mids to get further emphasized. On IEMs that have mid peaks it can cause them to sound crowded or harsh. Maybe that is what why you feel it affects imaging?

I haven't noticed any problems with imaging. I can see considering the bores of the Sednas too wide, though, since they do have an impact on the sound. Good for IEMs that may be considered too dark, but for anything that's already neutral or bright, I would personally avoid them. But that's personal preference/variation.

Some tips I find can impact staging, particularly Spiral Dots. In that case, sometimes it's a positive impact and sometimes it's a negative impact. But again this may all depend on individual ear anatomy as well so ::shrug::

Users who are viewing this thread

Back