Best IEM tips?
Oct 1, 2019 at 2:07 AM Post #632 of 3,234
I really like jvc spiral tips and the ones that come with Sony mh755. Oh also the foams with tin audio

Oct 9, 2019 at 2:35 PM Post #634 of 3,234
I love spiral dots but they are very expensive. Has anyone found a great cheaper alternative?

Oct 9, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #636 of 3,234
How do you determine which size you get for ear tips? Do you measure them and look up the measurements from the spiral dots and compare them e.g.?
I use the Semkarch CNT-1 and I am looking to get the spiral dots or Spinfits, but I don't know which ones :) I cut of a bit of the stem from my Sony ear tips I use right now, otherwise they would be too far in my ear.

Last edited:
Oct 9, 2019 at 4:02 PM Post #637 of 3,234
How do you determine which size you get for ear tips? Do you measure them and look up the measurements from the spiral dots and compare them e.g.?
I use the Semkarch CNT-1 and I am looking to get the spiral dots or Spinfits, but I don't know which ones :) I cut of a bit of the stem from my Sony ear tips I use right now, otherwise they would be too far in my ear.

If you know you use Medium for example, try to see if anybody else measured them, and then order the two half-sizes around them with the Spiral Dots. So, you use M, Get SM - M - ML

Oct 9, 2019 at 6:02 PM Post #638 of 3,234

If you know you use Medium for example, try to see if anybody else measured them, and then order the two half-sizes around them with the Spiral Dots. So, you use M, Get SM - M - ML

This can also be a good idea b/c not all IEMs fit a given set of ears the same way; it can be handy to have a couple of sizes handy to experiment with.

Nov 9, 2019 at 11:02 AM Post #640 of 3,234
Has anyone been in my situation? With V-Moda ZN even the largest fit tips seem to be too small for my ears...I find I have to insert then deep to get a good fit but the fit regresses after time.

I measured them to be a mighty 1.5cm in width which is wider than most after market ones I've seen recommended.

Years back when I owned an ety er6i I enjoyed the triple flange tips. Foam tips I never enjoyed the sound and the 3 flange were the only variety that came with the etys that fitted well.

I'd like to find tips with a wide bore(?) end as I've heard it enhances treble but the tips I've seen recommended seem to be at most 1.4cm in size which I'm concerned won't fit.

Has anyone with big ear canals had any luck with fits short of going custom?

Nov 9, 2019 at 4:11 PM Post #641 of 3,234
Has anyone been in my situation? With V-Moda ZN even the largest fit tips seem to be too small for my ears...I find I have to insert then deep to get a good fit but the fit regresses after time.

I measured them to be a mighty 1.5cm in width which is wider than most after market ones I've seen recommended.

Years back when I owned an ety er6i I enjoyed the triple flange tips. Foam tips I never enjoyed the sound and the 3 flange were the only variety that came with the etys that fitted well.

I'd like to find tips with a wide bore(?) end as I've heard it enhances treble but the tips I've seen recommended seem to be at most 1.4cm in size which I'm concerned won't fit.

Has anyone with big ear canals had any luck with fits short of going custom?
Welcome to the club! There's a whole little thread for us: https://www.head-fi.org/threads/big-eared-people-unite.697211/

Nov 9, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #643 of 3,234
Never listen to Zeos (lol), the dekoni bulletz (mercury) suck. Fit is perfect as I expected. These change the EQ so drastically that they make all of my IEM's sound bad in a way I cannot even describe. Crap bass, crap mids, crap highs. It's all crap. Seems like some people like them and I have no idea why. I can't be the only one who immediately noticed this. Oh well.

To stay on topic with the "best iem tips" I like the tennmak whirldwinds, TFZ wide bore, and sony hybrids the most. I used to like foam but not a fan of them anymore (the blue tin t2 foam being my first gateway drug into foams).

Nov 11, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #644 of 3,234
Does anyone know if there is any different (other than colour) between the SednaEarFit and SednaEarFitLight? Does the material / sound differ?

Also for 64 Audio IEMs, would it be better to get the normal "long stem" version or the "short" version?

Nov 11, 2019 at 1:01 PM Post #645 of 3,234
Does anyone know if there is any different (other than colour) between the SednaEarFit and SednaEarFitLight? Does the material / sound differ?

Also for 64 Audio IEMs, would it be better to get the normal "long stem" version or the "short" version?

Speaking about the long stem versions. The black are slightly stiffer than the white. Customer service told me the black are truer to sound but I don't hear any significant difference between the 2. The designs are identical, just a different Silicon durometer (stiffness). These tips are fairly unique in how much they physically extend from the nozzle. They also run big on the largest size which is a big plus for me.

Depending on the angle of fit, sometimes the light can provide some extra compliance for comfort yet sometimes you want something stiffer for better support. The difference in stiffness is not huge but it can be felt over time while wearing the IEMs. I just wish they weren't so expensive!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back