Best IEM tips?
Apr 16, 2024 at 8:07 AM Post #3,226 of 3,234
The Penon Liqueur Tips are a very interesting set of eartips.

Penon Liqueur.jpeg

The orange variant boosts sub-bass and improve bass texturing. Pretty unique pair in this regard and definitely a keeper to increase sub-bass in some IEMs.

The black ones are a bit airier in the treble than the orange Liqueur tips.

Apr 24, 2024 at 6:04 AM Post #3,231 of 3,234
The Spinfit CP500 are really worth having in your collection. They have a sound that is very airy and laid-back at the same time, which is not common. It's like a more open and impactful version of the Epro tips with a sightly more bland timbre. I find that they work really nice with the Moondrop Space Travel. They have a weird fit though because of the super soft material.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2024 at 7:26 AM Post #3,232 of 3,234
I like the fiio hs19 kit. Been meaning to try spin fit. I don’t like foam tips. Everyone seems to like them, they may fit good but as far as sound I don’t hear it.

Apr 24, 2024 at 12:21 PM Post #3,233 of 3,234
I like the fiio hs19 kit. Been meaning to try spin fit. I don’t like foam tips. Everyone seems to like them, they may fit good but as far as sound I don’t hear it.
My impression is the opposite. Seems like no one likes foam tips. I've been trying some out lately because I'm still chasing a better fit for my Symphonium Meteor. But, ick, foam tips don't feel right. They "seal," but not very securely. Feels like a limp, dry tongue sitting in my ear.

Apr 24, 2024 at 3:00 PM Post #3,234 of 3,234
My impression is the opposite. Seems like no one likes foam tips. I've been trying some out lately because I'm still chasing a better fit for my Symphonium Meteor. But, ick, foam tips don't feel right. They "seal," but not very securely. Feels like a limp, dry tongue sitting in my ear.
I'm the opposite. For me, foam tips tend to grip better, shift less once in place, smooth out ear length resonances, block out more noise, and reduce the occlusion effect. The downsides are that they need to be replaced more often and they irritate the ear canals after extended use.

For anyone reading, my recommendations are Tripowin spiral grooves (or the generic AliExpress equivalent) and Moondrop MIS Tips.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back