Best IEM I can get for around 150$?
Dec 1, 2008 at 11:38 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

Young Spade

Headphoneus Supremus
For a Christmas present. I want to know what are the best headphones that I can get for around 150. It can go a little higher if necessary.

Oh, and I am going to listen to alternative, hardcore, metal, rap, and classical on them. Thanks in advance
biggrin.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:44 PM Post #2 of 15
According to dkft's review on anythingbutipod, the Phonak Audeo is the best for the price. Don't take my word for it, though, Google it and read the review for yourself!

Dec 1, 2008 at 11:46 PM Post #3 of 15
Unfortunately you missed a deal on the Image X10's...

I have been recommended Atrio M5 and Sleek Audio SA6. They are both in your price range you could look those up. I have been told Atrio M5's have one of the highest, clearest bass-responses of IEM's.

I've also heard NuForce NE-7m are some of the best earphones you can get for ~$50, some claim their SQ is at the level of much more expensive earphones.

Dec 2, 2008 at 2:29 AM Post #4 of 15
I highly recommend reading the review of the Phonak Audeo PFE over at Anythingbutipod by dfkt. Sounds a bit too good to be true, so I'll be ordering one myself when I get the cash, lol.

Dec 2, 2008 at 3:44 AM Post #6 of 15
Do a search on google. The er4p and er4s can be had new for around 150. These are some of the best iem you can buy in any price range IMO. So this would be a great value. Get them used for a lot less.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:17 AM Post #8 of 15
x3 on the Etys. I have a pair of Atrio M5s but they haven't been getting much listening time since I got my ER4P - sound great on alternative and classical, although for rap the extra bass of the M5 might serve you better.

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:45 AM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ice Nine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I've seen posts saying the Klipsch deal is still on as of today. Go for the X5 or Custom 3. My X10's cords and strain reliefs are ripping.

How old are those X10s? Has this issue been addressed? Seems this was an issue I heard about. I'm still in 30 day trial. If they are going to go to hell, then i will return them.

Dec 2, 2008 at 5:28 AM Post #11 of 15
yea ive also heard ppl talk about the image x10's cord issues.

im just wondering tho how those ppl who say they are having issues take care of their headphones tho. are the wires very thin or what? my x10's are comming in tomorrow! im generally a very careful and cautious person about these things, so thats why i didnt really take the cord issues into consideration but maybe since more ppl are talking about it, i might pay more attention to the cords.

Dec 2, 2008 at 8:05 AM Post #12 of 15
It's a thin cord, but I'm not too worried since I'm putting my X10 back into the case after every use.

Best way to keep a cord from ripping is to watch the stress points yourself and make sure you aren't stressing them.
biggrin.gif

Dec 2, 2008 at 4:27 PM Post #13 of 15
The ety er4p would be a good choice. I just got mine for a good deal used on the forums (in brand new condition)

Dec 2, 2008 at 9:58 PM Post #14 of 15
I am surprised there are no recommendations for the RE1s. They are on sale for $130 on eBay and Head-Direct. All of the reviews around here have been positive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back