Best IEM for $400 max (House, trance, Chill, Nujazz, Hiphop)
Mar 22, 2011 at 11:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 33

BLL00

New Head-Fier
Hi, as my title mentions, I'm looking for IEMs that deliver incredible bass (really low), and yet deliver instrumentals and vocals clearly and without much effort. I really looked everywhere online and I keep hearing mixed opinions about a hundred pairs of IEMs which fit the profile. I'll be ultimately pick up my IEM from one of the suggestions in this very thread! :)

Mar 24, 2011 at 2:23 AM Post #3 of 33
For anyone who owns a Turbine gold, would you please tell me how this song will sound like ? J cole - Losing my balance. I think that it covers many of the elemnts I'm looking for :)

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:39 AM Post #4 of 33
You listen to the same kind of songs as me.
I'm looking for earphones that suits my genres also. Bought the TF-10's, but they just don't cut it. The bass is probably too light for your preference. 

I'm looking to buy the IE8 or Monster Turbine Pro Golds.

Mar 24, 2011 at 4:52 AM Post #5 of 33
How about Radius DDM#2,  also known as W21 or (HPTWF21K)
This one has been just released in Japan and there is only one review available so far.
According to a review the sound is very similar to its predecessor DDM HP-TWF11 which I regard as best value IEM on the market.
Another option is SM3 by Earsonics.

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:49 PM Post #6 of 33
Okay guys, I have narrowed it down. Monster turbine gold or Fischer Audio DBA-02. Lets not talk about price, that does not matter. Lets talk about sound!. I'm buying one of those in the next two days for sure!!!

Mar 24, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #7 of 33
I don't have the DBA-02, but based on many reviews here, if you are looking for a large quantity of bass from the DBA-02, you might not be satisfied -- high quality bass, yes, but not the quantity that many dynamic IEMs can give.

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:15 PM Post #8 of 33
You see, deep bass is nice, but I also like quality. For example, in the song I asked some to listen to, I'd like the melodies at the start to be there and clear. I don't want them to just pass through my ears but I want them reach beyond that, be very lively in other words

Mar 24, 2011 at 6:27 PM Post #9 of 33

Quote:
 I'll be ultimately pick up my IEM from one of the suggestions in this very thread! :)

I suggest you get some 24k Gold Apple iBuds

Mar 24, 2011 at 8:02 PM Post #12 of 33
+2 for IE8. I pick up way more nuances with the IE8 over my Coppers or Miles Davis. Although try not to pass judgement on them until they have been well burned in; they suck right out of the box

Mar 25, 2011 at 1:32 PM Post #15 of 33
I don't think that the DBA-02 could have horrible bass, right ? I am coming from 20$ headphones to this though (I'd say 4/10 sound rating by joker's book). From what I read around, the DBA-02 is considered as this mythical monster with amazing abilities at an earth-shattering pricepoint. The monster turbine gold also has an astounding reputation for sound, but from the tone of users around, I have a feeling that the DBA-02 was always winning the debate... So I'm confusded. As far as the Radius W2 goes, only review has been pushed out and not many people have tried it, so im skeptical..

Users who are viewing this thread

Back