Best IEM between Q-Jays, IE7, PFE 012, DBA-02. Help my decided
Aug 8, 2010 at 2:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

Azenor

New Head-Fier
Hello,

I'm French 
blink.gif
and I'm looking for the best IEM between them.
I read every review of each and every one of them on this forum.
I have an Ipod nano 3rd Gen, I listen all sorts of music, except Classical, and I have a preference for techno, but I'm not a bass-head either.
My last pair of headphones was the PL50, but my sister left with them 
angry_face.gif
I thought the sound was a bit metallic (I don't know if it's the right expression).

If you could make a list of the best to the worst.
And an other list of the best quality/price to the worth will be fantastic
bigsmile_face.gif

The list of IEM's :

-    Fischer Audio Eterna V2 = Bugdenaudio.com 75 €*
-    Head-Direct RE0  = Head-Direct.com    85 €*
-    Fischer Audio SBA-01 = Bugdenaudio.com 90 €*
-    Etymotic HF5 = Macway.com 95 €*
-    Q-JAYS = Lr-electronics.de 105 €*
-    Sennheiser IE 7 = Boulanger.fr 102 €*
-    Ultimate Ears 700 = Amazon.de 128 €*

-    Panasonic RP-HJE900 = Amazon.co.uk 135 €*
-    Audéo Phonak PFE 112 v2  = 145 €*
- Fischer Audio's DBA-02 = 165 €*

*Shipping to France and taxes included

Feel free to say anything you want about those headphones or other.

Thank you.
wink_face.gif

PS : I'm sorry if a made some error in English, I'm French.

Aug 9, 2010 at 12:59 PM Post #6 of 13
Well, you've read a number of reviews, and you already should have an idea of what each of the products you listed sound like.  All we can really do at this point is just offer some more suggestions based off a limited range of personal experiences.  For example, I've used only two of the earphones you have listed.  I've seen reviews of a good number of the others.  I can provide a few comments and suggestions based off the same reviews you've already seen, but that doesn't really offer you any new information.  We really shouldn't be here to sway your own opinion of the products you've already researched.  You should already have a good idea of what each offers and an idea of your own personal preferences.  There should already be one or two that clearly stand out as being better options than the rest for your particular goals.

"Best" is a subjective expression.  What is best for me is not best for you.  What I seek in sound and what I deem as important will not be the same as what you seek and feel is important.  My "best" is different from your "best" because we judge and evaluate using completely different systems.

If you want us to help you, we need you to explain what you want from the earphone.  What kind of sound do you want?  What does the earphone have to do for you to be happy with the sound?  What kind of sound signature are you trying to avoid?  What about fit, durability, and accessories?  How big of a concern is price since you are already listing a wide range of pricing?  If you can get a better product for not much more, will you spend the extra?

Aug 9, 2010 at 1:02 PM Post #7 of 13
I think you havn't narrowed it down enough for you. You've got phones with vastly different signatures. I picked the HJE900s. Others would choose differently. They aren't all side grades, though. My picks would be the HJE900 or the IE7. I think the for sale board on here should decide for you. Thats the best bang/buck ratio... buying for a good price there means you can buy and sell for about the same price as you got em for. 

Aug 9, 2010 at 3:16 PM Post #8 of 13
Hi, Thank you for your responses
normal_smile%20.gif

I'm going to try to give any information I can give you.

For at least the next 2 years I'm going to walk 15 min to my train station, take the train for 40 min and walk 10 min, all that every day, twice a day. So build quality it's to consider, I also have glasses so I'm wondering if anyone had a problem with over-the-ear, for the pfe for example.

I listen for the most Techno, and Rock, so good bass but not i'm not basshead either. The only thing I can compare to is PL50 and I don't like the "metallic" sensation of the sound.

I narrowed my choice to :

-    Audéo Phonak PFE 012  = Amazone.de 90 €
-    Q-JAYS (over UE700 because of the 2 years warranty) = Lr-electronics.de 105 €
-    Sennheiser IE 7 = Boulanger.fr 102 €
-    Fischer Audio's DBA-02 = Bugdenaudio.com 130 € if the customs of France don't catch the package

Pfe 012 - Qjays - Ie7 - Which one is better for 100 € ?
It is really worth to add 30 € ($45) for DBA-02 over Ie7 for example ?

Ps: Do you know how to Edit my fist message of this thread? because I only have the button edit on my title and my post not on the thread.

Thanks.

Aug 10, 2010 at 2:22 AM Post #11 of 13
If you find PL50 metallic
basshead.gif
you may want to stay away from all BA driver phones, which would be most on your list, but Eterna, RE0, Panasonic and IE7.

Eterna is quite very bassy (Silver Bullet would be a better choice, perhaps), RE0 is quite the opposite and microphonic to walk with...

Aug 10, 2010 at 3:29 AM Post #12 of 13
Panasonic HJE900, IE7, Radius DDM, DBA-02 are recommended..........

Aug 10, 2010 at 6:48 AM Post #13 of 13
i only have Q-jay and i think they are great, alot of people say its not very bassy, but i'm not a bass head myself so for me its enough. when i first got it the sound was very clinical, sharp and dead/flat, but after 3 weeks of using them regularly its start to break in and sounds really good now and becauses its very small its very comfortable to wear. I like the 2 years warranty , however one think that bothers me is the cable is a little too short with out the extra extention cable, then with the extent cable it becomes too long!

and the ear tips is a little hard for my liking, but it comes with 2 different type and many size, including a form one, which is the one i'm using and provides the most comfy fit.

would i reccommand it yes!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back