Best ID3 Tagger/CDDB Query/Music Catalog software??
Jun 27, 2005 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 11

raaj

500+ Head-Fier
Guys..

What is the best freeware software to manage the ID3 tags of your music collection? I want to be able to also query the CDDB or freedb databases to find accurate tagging information.

The best software I found so far is MediaMonkey from http://www.mediamonkey.com/download.htm

It allows you to tag multiple songs at once, and query the album information from Amazon. It doesn't find the correct album info more often than it does, mainly due to its reliance on Amazon to carry that album.

I have tried standalone freedb/CDDB database search software, but they are a big pain in the neck, as those software can only be used to query the database, but then you cannot use their results to tag the songs.

So, is there any software that allows you to select a few songs and query the online CDDB/freedb databases, and then use the results to tag the songs?

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:11 PM Post #6 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TedGamble /img/forum/go_quote.gif
MP3Tag - All the tag features you need, batch renaming/tagging, album art download from Amazon, CDDB lookups, the werx. Best of all, free.

Great program and I still use it, however, Amazon AA no longer works. (Unless I've missed a new update...)

Oct 9, 2009 at 1:18 PM Post #7 of 11
I just went through my collection awhile ago fixing all of my metadata information. I did it with Mediamonkey, and for the most part didn't have a problem. Anytime it couldn't find album art, I was able to find it in Google images pretty easily. I will have to try out MP3Tag here soon, and see what I think.

Oct 9, 2009 at 5:45 PM Post #8 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by mattcalf /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Great program and I still use it, however, Amazon AA no longer works. (Unless I've missed a new update...)

You missed an update. They've fixed that problem.

Oct 10, 2009 at 1:01 AM Post #10 of 11
Quote:

Originally Posted by TedGamble /img/forum/go_quote.gif
You missed an update. They've fixed that problem.

Awesome, thanks for that.
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back