best HP for male vocals and electric guitar?
Jan 16, 2011 at 12:58 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Drake22

100+ Head-Fier
What would that be, considering the money isn't a problem?

I am searching for one, and it's most important for me that it sounds great with clean male vocals and have crisp and powerful electric guitar sound.
I've tried already dt880, hd600, hd650, sr325i, gs1000, hf2 and ad700 but none of them were quite there. HF-2 was probably close to what I'm looking for, since I kept it and sold the others. Please advise me what should I try next?

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:31 AM Post #2 of 7
can try either akg 240 studio or monitors. i like my akg k240 studio with singers/bands like Devotchka,pink floyd,berry manilow.radiohead,Archive, and Guns N Roses. 

Jan 16, 2011 at 2:59 AM Post #3 of 7
I second AKG 240's

I've got the MKII (same thing as studio, if i recall) and if electric guitars are your thing, look no further.
I love these for rocking out to judas priest.

Jan 16, 2011 at 12:13 PM Post #4 of 7
wow interesting.
Do you guys really think the k240 will surpass the cans i've been through in terms of guitar and male vox? Seem to be really cheap as well, only £70 for new. I have doubts -.- some more opinions please?

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:40 PM Post #5 of 7
don't be discourage cause of price. there is tons of things in the world that can be cheaper and better than the expensive counter part. the akg 240 actually never use to be that cheap before and been supported for over 30 years in the studio with tons of variations from the old monitors to current studio models. i think it's cause of the price lot people avoid them. give them a try and see how they sound. worst that can happen is going through process of returning them if you don't like them which can be a pain sometimes.

Jan 16, 2011 at 1:46 PM Post #6 of 7
yea. only difference between the studio and mkII version is the mkII comes with extra pads,cables,ect. and are always made in Australia where the regular studios are either assembled in China or Australia but doesn't affect the quality of sound or build structure
Quote:
I second AKG 240's

I've got the MKII (same thing as studio, if i recall)

Jan 16, 2011 at 4:12 PM Post #7 of 7

Quote:
wow interesting.
Do you guys really think the k240 will surpass the cans i've been through in terms of guitar and male vox? Seem to be really cheap as well, only £70 for new. I have doubts -.- some more opinions please?

The K-240MKll are studio hps, and great for vocals and acoustics in general. as well you can try the K-702.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back