Best High Capacity MP3?
Jul 30, 2008 at 11:31 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

[S]uds

100+ Head-Fier
I'm looking for the best sounding MP3 player with at least 30GB of Storage. It will be mostly for music, but If I end up with a Zune or iPod, I'll use it for Pod Casts as well. I won't be using an amp, and I have a pair of Denon C700's that I'll be using with it.

I know SQ is subjective, but what, in your opinion, is the best high capacity MP3? I'm leaning towards Zune ATM.

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:54 AM Post #2 of 6
output. on the c700's

zune or ipod depending on what interface and usability you prefer.
If you want to eq grab a 30g ipod from somewhere and rockbox it.
The advantage is later if you want an amp instead of buying a new player you can diymod it or imod it.

did you want wifi on the player? if so u need a pmp ...

sound quality is subjective. personally I'd reccomend the sony's for amazing sound quality - a bit of hiss and harsh high's but max 16gb
a lot of people here like the cowon d2...but the sound is noted for bass rolloff and lots of fiddling to get the right signature...much like the 30gb ipod with rockbox minus the rolloff..but the ipods are noted as having pretty bad headphone out.

if you dont like playing around grab the sony if you dont mind the 16gb otherwise grab zune/ipod ez no fiddling lots of room and reputable.

edit : try to find some loaded player results with an ipod or zune with your particular headphones...will help your decision

Jul 31, 2008 at 1:59 AM Post #3 of 6
I'd say Zune 80 for unamped use, as the headphone out is a bit better than the iPods of the same size.

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:04 AM Post #4 of 6
I don't plan on using EQ much, I just like to enjoy the music in my car and at school. And I don't plan on adding an amp anytime soon, if ever. Thanks for the reply's.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jul 31, 2008 at 2:25 AM Post #5 of 6
Then you have made your choice.

It has WIFi!

zune13_wideweb__470x361,2.jpg

Jul 31, 2008 at 6:34 AM Post #6 of 6
Yep get the zune, the touch pad, kills the click wheel and the interface is really cool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back