Best HiFi iPhone Earbuds - Audiophile
Jul 3, 2015 at 4:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

New Head-Fier
Hello Everyone,

I have spent an entire day searching for audiophile class iPhone Earbuds and have found several that could qualify as such but I was wondering what your opinion on this might be.

So the question is: What do you think are the best iPhone Earbuds out there?

I listen to rock, country, classical music and I don't like too much bass.

Thanks for your recommendations!

Jul 3, 2015 at 12:47 PM Post #3 of 22
If you are interested in IEMs (inner ear monitors), not just earbuds that sit in the front of the ear, then this list would help: http://theheadphonelist.com/headphone-list/. Each make/model name links to a review.

Jul 3, 2015 at 2:58 PM Post #4 of 22
  Hello Everyone,

I have spent an entire day searching for audiophile class iPhone Earbuds and have found several that could qualify as such but I was wondering what your opinion on this might be.

So the question is: What do you think are the best iPhone Earbuds out there?

I listen to rock, country, classical music and I don't like too much bass.

Thanks for your recommendations!

There is no such thing as iPhone Earbuds. You can stick any earphones into the iPhone, unless you want one with remote volume control and mic that works with iPhone? Note that better the earphones less the chance to get one with mic, tho most earphones ~300$ have replaceable cable so you can order one with a microphone. 

+1 on what cel4145 said, check out everything in you price range so you get the better idea of what you want and what are your options and if you are not 100% sure you want earbuds i recommend also searching for in ear earphones (IEMs or whatever you wanna call them) due to isolation mostly, but also overall comfort and sound quality that is hardly matched by those that don't seal your ears.

Some of the most praised for the price are Dunu DN2000, Fidue A83, Sennheiser IE80 (tho you wanna skip IE80 because they have too much bass) for example, but there are dozens if not hundreds at <300 $ 

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:08 PM Post #5 of 22
Thank you both for your answers. The list with all headphones was really helpful and I found there something that looks good and its not too expensive: Sennheiser IE 8i.

I indeed look for something with the microphone and they have it. I was wondering if the model IE 80 is much better? That one doesnt have a microphone though so I would have to buy a cable with one.

Any other suggestions for some model with the microphone that would be better? I actually prefer earphones, not earbuds as the title suggests (sorry for that). English is not my native language so I mix them sometimes... I dont want something that goes too deep in the ear.

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:21 PM Post #6 of 22
Thank you both for your answers. The list with all headphones was really helpful and I found there something that looks good and its not too expensive: Sennheiser IE 8i.

I indeed look for something with the microphone and they have it. I was wondering if the model IE 80 is much better? That one doesnt have a microphone though so I would have to buy a cable with one.

Any other suggestions for some model with the microphone that would be better? I actually prefer earphones, not earbuds as the title suggests (sorry for that). English is not my native language so I mix them sometimes... I dont want something that goes too deep in the ear.

IE8 has an enormous amount of bass, definitely not recommended given your preferences. Vsonic GR07BE or Dunu Titan are even cheaper and are more "audiophile" balanced.

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:27 PM Post #7 of 22
Ok thank you for the tip! Unfortunately both of those mentioned dont have the microphone. Any other with the microphone that you could recommend? I also found AKG 375 and Jays-Five that are made with the microphone.

Jul 3, 2015 at 3:53 PM Post #8 of 22
Ok thank you for the tip! Unfortunately both of those mentioned dont have the microphone. Any other with the microphone that you could recommend? I also found AKG 375 and Jays-Five that are made with the microphone.

Oh you need a mic, then in that case Fidelio S1/S2 is a really good choice. I'm assuming you're coming from EarPods? Then Fidelios might just be perfect then

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:04 PM Post #9 of 22
Really? They seem to be really cheap and they also don't look loke highghend IEMs. I am not just looking for anything that's better than EarPods that came with my iPhone because almost any other earphones are. Do you think Fidelios would be better than AKG or Jays I mentioned?

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:19 PM Post #10 of 22
Really? They seem to be really cheap and they also don't look loke highghend IEMs. I am not just looking for anything that's better than EarPods that came with my iPhone because almost any other earphones are. Do you think Fidelios would be better than AKG or Jays I mentioned?

Those AKGs and Jays are bass heavy earphones made for the general consumer, EarPods are better than those. The Fidelio are much more neutral, have a mic, and don't go too deep in the ear as you requested. And the S2 has a metal build and looks pretty nice man, it's not cheap at all.

Also this:

http://www.innerfidelity.com/content/philips-fidelio-s1-and-s2-ear-headphones

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #13 of 22
It looks like it will be hard to find everything I need in just one product so I will have to combine. As Tail has suggested I could buy great earphones and than just replace the cable with something like this:

http://headphonespares.sennheiser.co.uk/portable-headphones/ie-80/cable-ie8i-standard-35mm---120cm-542182.html

What would fir with that cable?

Any ideas on some other good earphones and cable combo? I need tree button cable with volume control and middle button.

Jul 3, 2015 at 4:52 PM Post #14 of 22

I have IE80 and my friend has IE8, they sound the same. Even Sennheiser themselves didn't claim different, they didn't change the drivers nor the housing. Some people are hallucinating and speaking how one sounds better than the other but both my friend and I tested our two IE8 and 80 and the sound was the same (his IE8 is ~3 years old my IE80 ~2 years old).

But you said you don't like too much bass, and it doesn't get much bassier than IE8 / 80. You can fix that to some small point by taping the bass vents on the earphones but they will still be bassier than most others.

Still IE8 / 80 is a great pair of earphones, kinda legendary nowadays and it will sound better than many other for the same money, but you should really note that it's not light on bass as you wished. 

Jul 3, 2015 at 5:06 PM Post #15 of 22
Yes, this is why I decided not to go with them. I like your other idea though to buy some higend earphones and just replace the cable with one that has microphone and the remote (volume controls included).

Any idea what good combo of earphones and cable with microphone/volume control would be?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back