Best Headset For Gaming + Music and A Mic?
Jun 8, 2014 at 8:49 PM Post #16 of 19
I'll definitely be getting the X1's then. Thanks for the help. The sound card I am having trouble choosing as I am looking around but can't seem to find which surround sound is better: the SBZ's CMSS-3D or Asus's Dolby Surround Sound. I can deal with the bloating as you said it is mostly for metal+jazz, which I definitely do not listen to. For the amp/dac, I won't be getting one right now as it will cost too much. I am already spending $230 for the headset, $30 for the mic, and around $80 for the sound card. If there is an amp/dac combo that you recommend for about $50-$75, I can buy that and possibly upgrade at another time. Thanks for all the help guys!

Jun 8, 2014 at 8:57 PM Post #17 of 19
Most prefer CMSS I think... there's a good comparison video on Nameless' guide to gaming or Mad Lust Envy's... I think it's the latter. A DAC/amp combo at less than $100 probably has no chance of beating a soundcard, the power supply is already paid for and they're produced for cheap in much higher volumes. I'd wait until you can spring for the Schiit stack or something similar when you decide to upgrade. Maybe just start with the amp, add the DAC later... depends on your disposable income stream.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:34 PM Post #18 of 19
Now that you mention it, wouldn't I be able to just get the Sound Blaster Z and then use the Schiit Magni amp? It wouldn't make the bass bloated because of the low impendance and it would be perfect. I can then get the Modi DAC at a later date.

Jun 8, 2014 at 9:54 PM Post #19 of 19
If you're willing to spend the cash, that sounds pretty awesome to me!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back