Best headphones under 1800$
Feb 12, 2018 at 8:35 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 10

YUUHUU

New Head-Fier
hello guys im looking to upgrade my hifiman 400i to something better. since i just broke up with my fiance, i find my self with 2000$ worth of money to spend on my self, and there's no better way then to blow them all on an end game headphones. Im looking at lcd x right now should i go for it? Or i there something better in that price range? I like all types of music be it rock or classic. Im looking for the best allrounder in this price range.
Thanks in advance

Feb 12, 2018 at 8:44 PM Post #2 of 10
I think the Ether flow can be a really good all rounder !, for me sound really good after burn-in ( 200 hrs ).
Pretty neutral, good in every way if you want more of <bass,mids,treble, etc> you can change the Amplifier/dac, i enjoy a lot this headphone :).

Feb 13, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #5 of 10
depends on what your sound preference is. if you like the 400i then chances are you'll like the hek v1 or v2. it's a great headphone but it needs proper amplification and also the rest of the audio chain to sound it's best. if you stretch your budget a little you can also shoot for used utopias or lcd-4 but i would try and get a demo in first.

hex, utopia and clear can sound good straight out of a mojo or lower powered amp. many of the rest need more power.

Feb 13, 2018 at 4:54 PM Post #7 of 10
Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro, best hp's I've ever heard, clear extended and detailed highs, slightly warm detailed mids, excellent, taught powerful bass, super transparent and resolving. Brilliant!.

Feb 13, 2018 at 7:15 PM Post #10 of 10
I've bought all my high end headphones used and you might want to consider a LCD3 for rock or HD800/HD800s for classical. HE1000 is a great all-rounder if you can find it for $2k (where I bought mine) a few months ago.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back