Best headphones that I can get for under $400 dollars CAD
Jan 22, 2021 at 5:49 PM Post #34 of 49
I heard for canadians theres also like $40 dollars in duties too when ordering from drop.

Are the 6xx better in every category and a no brainer to spend the extra money on over the 4xx? How are they with bass in comparison with the 4xx, I like a good bass that I can bump to

In my opinion yes, but only if you're comfortable EQing them. Otherwise the 4xx is probably more to your liking. 6XX gets more listening time at the moment than LCD-4 :D
As for XLR cables. If you don't re-plug them often, get something cheap. If you do get at least decent connectors.

Jan 22, 2021 at 8:08 PM Post #35 of 49
In my opinion yes, but only if you're comfortable EQing them. Otherwise the 4xx is probably more to your liking. 6XX gets more listening time at the moment than LCD-4 :D
As for XLR cables. If you don't re-plug them often, get something cheap. If you do get at least decent connectors.
Ahhh I see! What would be a cheap recommendation for XLR cable for what I'm interested in (4xx and loxjie amp)

I'm assuming XLR cables are the balanced cables.

Thanks!

Jan 22, 2021 at 9:15 PM Post #36 of 49
Jan 22, 2021 at 11:29 PM Post #37 of 49
Here are the XLR Cables (the balanced cables you need :) ) that go in between the DAC and Amp:

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters...34YZ6T6THAZ&psc=1&refRID=TTP853PMD34YZ6T6THAZ

The XLR cable that connects the HE-4XX with amp are on post #30 and you quoted it above on post #31.

The DAC you recommended me is quite expensive and since you said it isn't necessary I think I'll hold off on it for now :)
Is there a XLR cable that connects the 4xx with the amp from amazon or is the only one from ebay that you linked?
edit: nevermind I found one (https://www.amazon.ca/NewFantasia-B...ds=balanced+cable+3.5mm&qid=1611376402&sr=8-5) But they are incredibly expensive xD

Thank you!!!

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 4:59 AM Post #38 of 49
Here are the XLR Cables (the balanced cables you need :) ) that go in between the DAC and Amp:

https://www.amazon.ca/Cable-Matters...34YZ6T6THAZ&psc=1&refRID=TTP853PMD34YZ6T6THAZ

The XLR cable that connects the HE-4XX with amp are on post #30 and you quoted it above on post #31.
Actually I found that they are cheaper if ordered from the american amazon website
https://www.amazon.com/NewFantasia-Balanced-Compatible-Headphone-Replacement/dp/B07HGP87F6?th=1

These would end up being cheaper than the ones you recommended to me on ebay, are these sufficient?

Jan 23, 2021 at 5:04 AM Post #39 of 49
Every cable with the right connectors will do. When you're on a tight budget try to order from china. You'll probably get them for 20USD. Or look for used ones on ebay. 4 pin xlr to 2x 3.5mm is a pretty common cable.

Alternatively you can just buy the 4pin xlr and cut off the old one. Limited soldering skills are required

Last edited:
Jan 23, 2021 at 5:20 AM Post #40 of 49
Last edited:
Jan 25, 2021 at 2:35 PM Post #42 of 49
I am actually considering buying a balanced dac because of how many people recommend a fully balanced setup.
Is this the only balanced dac within this price range?

I noticed that you are still a gamer, so stick with your current sound card or DAC and just get a XLR cable for your he-4xx. Once you find a balanced DAC that will play well with games or just get the money for one, then you can get a fully balanced setup. Yeah, that is the cheapest that I could find on Amazon.ca, so you can check Canuck Audio Mart for used balanced DACs, just tread lightly with their seller’s feedback, pictures, condition, and such.

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:06 PM Post #43 of 49
Does this DAC not play well with games? I'm not a super competitive gamer and I just play casually, so I don't mind.
I'm just curious why a certain DAC may not pair well with games

Thanks

Jan 25, 2021 at 3:58 PM Post #44 of 49
Does this DAC not play well with games? I'm not a super competitive gamer and I just play casually, so I don't mind.
I'm just curious why a certain DAC may not pair well with games

Thanks

The DAC will generally work fine with games...but I have heard of people complaining about their gamer setup with XLR Cables...probably just hardware related and competition issues than software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back