Best headphones that I can get for under $400 dollars CAD
Jan 18, 2021 at 4:56 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 49

Basick

100+ Head-Fier
Hello I've been out of the loop for quite some time now, and since its now 2021 I would love to hear your recommendations for some quality cans for <400$ Canadian!

I currently use the Sennheiser GAME ZERO Professional Noise Blocking Gaming Headset, so if I'm going to fork out ~400$ on a pair of cans I would love to be able to hear the difference from these

I love a great punchy bass in my music (rap, pop, r&b, rock), and I'm also a gamer
Thank you all in advance!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 12:10 AM Post #5 of 49
I think ideally I would prefer closed headphones
Ok, Soundmagic HP151 closed headphones.
Selling for around $160-$190, but will sometimes get a low as $130.

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:38 AM Post #6 of 49

I've seen this headphone compared with the 58x's alot, what made you recommend the HE4xx over the 58x's?
And why this specific amplifier? I'm not too knowledgeable in amps and dacs.
Why is a cable (more specifically, the XLR cable) needed? Is the stock cable it comes with bad, what does this cable do for the headphones to improve its quality?
Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks!

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 12:38 PM Post #7 of 49
HE-4xx because you want bass, this amp will give the HE-4xx it needs to truly shine, and the XLR cable is not necessary, but will be needed if you want even more power down the road.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:52 PM Post #8 of 49
I've seen this headphone compared with the 58x's alot, what made you recommend the HE4xx over the 58x's?
And why this specific amplifier? I'm not too knowledgeable in amps and dacs.
Why is a cable (more specifically, the XLR cable) needed? Is the stock cable it comes with bad, what does this cable do for the headphones to improve its quality?
Sorry for all the questions!
Thanks!
The HD58X is more musical, the HE4XX should offer better detail (and good bass), I say to get the HE4XX.

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:18 PM Post #9 of 49
Oh ok! Are there any other headphones that I should also consider? Or are these the best within my price range?

Will I be noticing a big difference with my current headset (Sennheiser game zero)

Thanks alot guys

Jan 19, 2021 at 3:32 PM Post #10 of 49
Jan 20, 2021 at 12:00 AM Post #11 of 49
HE-4xx because you want bass, this amp will give the HE-4xx it needs to truly shine, and the XLR cable is not necessary, but will be needed if you want even more power down the road.
Do i need a DAC as well? or is an amp sufficient enough?
Also, how are these headphones in regards to FPS gaming (Overwatch)?

Thanks

Jan 20, 2021 at 11:49 AM Post #13 of 49
Do i need a DAC as well? or is an amp sufficient enough?
Also, how are these headphones in regards to FPS gaming (Overwatch)?

Thanks

If you play many music types and/or game many different games, then a DAC will definitely be needed. Otherwise, just wait and see what specific DAC you will eventually need later. As for the HE-400i, those sound very similar to the HE-4XX. Both will work very well with Overwatch and many other FPS games.

Jan 20, 2021 at 2:33 PM Post #15 of 49
If you play many music types and/or game many different games, then a DAC will definitely be needed. Otherwise, just wait and see what specific DAC you will eventually need later. As for the HE-400i, those sound very similar to the HE-4XX. Both will work very well with Overwatch and many other FPS games.
There are two versions it seems for the HE-400i, which one should I go with if I went with the 400i?
and on top of that, what would you suggest, the 4xx or 400i?

I've heard so many good things about Beyerdynamic, and I found one within my price range: the 990 pro 80 OHM
https://www.amazon.ca/beyerdynamic-...onics&sprefix=beyerdyn,electronics,260&sr=1-1

How do these compare with the rest of the headphones mentioned in this thread?

Thank you!

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back