1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Headphones for studying???

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by ehraihcn, Jul 1, 2013.
  1. ehraihcn
    I just got accepted into a graduate program and will be doing a lot of studying (preferably with headphones on), so I'm curious which ones would be best for me...
    The following features are important to me:
    - $125 max, but prefer more of an $80 pricetag
    - Good audio quality.  I listen mostly to electronica (trance and house music) and classical music.
    - Comfort.  I will be wearing them for multiple hours a day, and sore ears aren't any fun :p
    - Little to no sound bleeding... I will be studying around others and want to respect their ability to have silence...  I don't listen to music terribly loud, but not terribly quiet either :)

Thanks for any suggestions!!!

2. ev13wt
    Up your budget. While there are good headphones at 80 bucks, 200 bucks will get you a huge jump in performance, comfort and durability.

For about 80 bucks, I can recommend the AKG DJ518.

3. PurpleAngel Contributor
    Takstar Pro 80 (Gemini HSR-1000) closed headphones, around $85.

4. BillsonChang007
    Hello!

First of all, HIGH-FIVE! I listen to music while studying as well :D

For house musics, I can easily recommend the HD439 for your budget. In terms of isolation, it's pretty good and I tried turning it to half of the max volume [which is extremely loud to me] for a while, there wasn't much sound leaking out

Hope this helps!
    Billson :D