1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best headphones for my needs? (Bass heavy, noise isolating, noise canceling)

1. JohnLD
    This is what I'm looking for:
    -durable
    -emphasized bass (I'm a bass head)
    -closed back (I don't want too much sound to bleed out)
    -noise canceling and/or isolating (I'm not using these words interchangeably, I'm asking for either both or one or the other)

So far
    I've looked at:
    -Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro
    -Vmoda LP, LP2 and m-100
    -AKG K550 (not bassy but I heard it's pretty good at noise isolation)

I've looked at ATH M-50 but I've heard they're inferior (bass wise) to the COP.

Help please?

I basically want headphones that block outside noise, allow me to blast my music without people being able to hear it as loud as I can (obviously people will hear it, but like If I'm in a car with my family, I don't want the noise to interfere with their activities.) and have great bass and comfortable for long periods of time. MY BUDGET IS >250$

2. money4me247 Contributor
    Go for the M100 + XL pads. they are the best sounding basshead cans I've tried. Hands-down for basshead, those are the winners. XL pads are a must for comfort IMO, as the standard earcups are quite small. If you get the M100 & the bass is not enough, you are not looking for a great audiophile basshead headphones, but you are just looking for quantity of bass. LP/LP2 is great at just quantity of bass, but there are a lot of other bass-boosted headphones out there. Sony MDR-XB500 for example.

The AKG K550 has great bass quality & extension, but it will not satisfy someone who is truly basshead.

3. JohnLD
    I really appreciate it, cheers