Best headphones for my budget?
Apr 22, 2013 at 12:35 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

milk

100+ Head-Fier
Hey there guys! I'm havering a real issue here I've been trying to find so many reviews and such about good over/around ear headphones to buy I have the audio q40s as my bassy headphones now I need something very neutral with fantastic highs and mids with a present bass. My budget is $150 but I am willing to buy used so even things out often budget that can fit in my budget just as used. I really need some help here I don't know which to pick! Help! Thanks! :)

Apr 23, 2013 at 10:04 AM Post #7 of 13
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

$108, you're not going to find a better can at this price!!!

Apr 23, 2013 at 5:16 PM Post #8 of 13
hmm yeah grados seemed very interesting only thing keeping me back from sennheiser is they get a lot of hate too or at least have been passed up by other headphones and grados i hear are just perfect for rock and such. my genres of music are alternative rock, indie, rap, techno, dubstep but these are my lighter headphones so i will use my q40s for bass heavy and strong music like dubstep etc but yeah both brands mentioned seem very interesting thanks so far guys yeah ill check these out!

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:37 PM Post #9 of 13
AD700's are lacking in some areas. I give my vote to the 598's which have an addictive sound signature.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:49 PM Post #10 of 13
Wow it really seems as if sennheiser is the way to go i just hear so much love for them but at times i do hear the negatives about them it makes it hard haha. so is sennheiser the main recommended then?

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:50 PM Post #11 of 13
Quote:
Wow it really seems as if sennheiser is the way to go i just hear so much love for them but at times i do hear the negatives about them it makes it hard haha. so is sennheiser the main recommended then?

Grado and Sennheiser are the best choices, but Sennheiser is generally much more comfortable.

Apr 23, 2013 at 8:55 PM Post #12 of 13

Quote:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/offer-listing/B004FEEY9A/ref=dp_olp_refurbished?ie=UTF8&condition=refurbished

$108, you're not going to find a better can at this price!!!

The A900x are better. Beautifuly natural mids and highs, with a slight bump in the bass. I would say the bass is between neutral and the Q40s, which from my interpretation is exactly what you are looking for. The A900x would be perfect for you, and they're on sale at Buydig.com right now with a code for $125.

Apr 23, 2013 at 9:08 PM Post #13 of 13
Quote:

The A900x are better. Beautifuly natural mids and highs, with a slight bump in the bass. I would say the bass is between neutral and the Q40s, which from my interpretation is exactly what you are looking for. The A900x would be perfect for you, and they're on sale at Buydig.com right now with a code for $125.

It should be, but i haven't used any of the "X" versions yet. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back