Best headphones for iphone7 under 1000 $
Apr 3, 2017 at 1:44 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 31

Mikle39

New Head-Fier
Hello guys

I am new to this forum and also not very familiar with expensive sound equipment
I own BW P5, I bought it about 7 years ago, and use it about 2-3 years ago, then I lost them, I like the sound of them, but as I remember it was very hot with them id use more than 1 hour.
also own about a year some bose in-ear for 150 $, but dont enjoy them, not comfortable for me. 
Also own Bose qc35 for 2 month like the sound, but then gift them to my friend

Now I want to buy expensive headphones - 1000 $ limit mostly for travel with them in airplane or whatever, also need to use them with my laptop for cinema and gaming. I dont want to use dac/amplifier/player from the start but in future maybe. I like all modern music, and some rock. dont listen opera or like that

So I do small research about 2 evening what to buy, and think to buy OPPO PM-3. what do you think ? any other option for me? Please need advise ! I need headphones with good design only

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:16 PM Post #2 of 31
  Hello guys

I am new to this forum and also not very familiar with expensive sound equipment
I own BW P5, I bought it about 7 years ago, and use it about 2-3 years ago, then I lost them, I like the sound of them, but as I remember it was very hot with them id use more than 1 hour.
also own about a year some bose in-ear for 150 $, but dont enjoy them, not comfortable for me. 

Now I want to buy expensive headphones - 1000 $ limit mostly for travel with them in airplane or whatever, also need to use them with my laptop for cinema and gaming. I dont want to use dac/amplifier/player from the start but in future maybe. I like all modern music, and some rock. dont listen opera or like that

So I do small research about 2 evening what to buy, and think to buy OPPO PM-3. what do you think ? any other option for me? Please need advise ! I need headphones with good design only

I would add the MEZE 99 Classics to my list were I you. It would work for you and it has a more dynamic and lively sound than the PM-3. If you want to spend more, check out the MrSpeakers AEON, which could also work for you. Just be aware, the first 500 units don't begin shipping until April 30. FWIW.

Apr 3, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #3 of 31
Hello guys

It all depends on what sound signature you prefer, but you might want to check out the Denon 7200 and/or the B&W P9. Both of them are easy to drive without the need for an amplifier. The P9's have quite a bit more mid bass, so keep that in mind. Good luck!

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:15 PM Post #4 of 31
I like the P7 wireless works great with the iPhone 7 and the wireless is handy for travels. No noise canceling but have not tested out the P7 on a plane

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #5 of 31
Today I spend several hours to try some headphones, the main problem that near me I cant find seller with big inventory to try headphones, I am in Maimi area now, but will depart to Berlin(germany) in 15 days so maybe here, so today i visit :

1.Bang and Olufsen store. i tryed bang & olufsen beoplay h6, but totally dislike them, I was little confused because I read many good reviews about them,much worse than bose qc35,even h9 sounds little better as for me
2.guitar center - cannot try anything, buy I ask assistent what sounds good and he recomend me Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC SonicPro, so I bought them just to try, cause they have no restockin fee return.
3. Then I visit Best buy (magnolia department) and try several expensive headphones, I like only sony mdr z7 , and bought them, they will come in 4 days at Friday, they also dont have restocking fee so I can return them after few days of testing
It all depends on what sound signature you prefer, but you might want to check out the Denon 7200 and/or the B&W P9. Both of them are easy to drive without the need for an amplifier. The P9's have quite a bit more mid bass, so keep that in mind. Good luck!

Thanks, pop from mikle jakson to modern totles, modern hip-hop,rap, all new hits from drake and other popular artist

I would add the MEZE 99 Classics to my list were I you. It would work for you and it has a more dynamic and lively sound than the PM-3. If you want to spend more, check out the MrSpeakers AEON, which could also work for you. Just be aware, the first 500 units don't begin shipping until April 30. FWIW.

Thanks, I am google them now, good reviews but I dont like this vintage-wood style, looks cheap as for me.

Apr 3, 2017 at 9:49 PM Post #8 of 31
Today I spend several hours to try some headphones, the main problem that near me I cant find seller with big inventory to try headphones, I am in Maimi area now, but will depart to Berlin(germany) in 15 days so maybe here, so today i visit :

1.Bang and Olufsen store. i tryed bang & olufsen beoplay h6, but totally dislike them, I was little confused because I read many good reviews about them,much worse than bose qc35,even h9 sounds little better as for me
2.guitar center - cannot try anything, buy I ask assistent what sounds good and he recomend me Audio-Technica ATH-MSR7NC SonicPro, so I bought them just to try, cause they have no restockin fee return.
3. Then I visit Best buy (magnolia department) and try several expensive headphones, I like only sony mdr z7 , and bought them, they will come in 4 days at Friday, they also dont have restocking fee so I can return them after few days of testing

Thanks, pop from mikle jakson to modern totles, modern hip-hop,rap, all new hits from drake and other popular artist

Thanks, I am google them now, good reviews but I dont like this vintage-wood style, looks cheap as for me.

Based on your music preference, the Z7 is a good choice. You might want to check out the Shure 1540, too. It's similar with great sub bass, but has better extension on the highs. They're also very comfortable.

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:17 PM Post #9 of 31

Cannot find where to buy them, find only hidef lifestyle seller, but they have 15% restocking fee if I dont like them,
do you know where I can buy them with free returns ?

Apr 4, 2017 at 5:38 PM Post #10 of 31
Cannot find where to buy them, find only hidef lifestyle seller, but they have 15% restocking fee if I dont like them,
do you know where I can buy them with free returns ?

Try this. It says 60 day returns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/162439480349

This says 14 day returns.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/382018945000

I got mine from Audio Sanctuary but I don't know if they allow returns.

https://www.audiosanctuary.co.uk/?subcats=Y&pcode_from_q=Y&pshort=N&pfull=N&pname=Y&pkeywords=Y&search_performed=Y&match=all&q=Denon+7200&dispatch=products.search

Apr 4, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #11 of 31
Try this. It says 60 day returns.

First one have restocking fee 20%, second i think same but not sure, 
so you bought it from UK? very-very good price, do you pay any taxes when do you recieve it? its look like denon 7200 is much cheaper in EU, then US, its good cause I will be in Berlin in two weeks. what about headphones itself? do you like them with iphone only?

Apr 4, 2017 at 10:25 PM Post #12 of 31
First one have restocking fee 20%, second i think same but not sure, 
so you bought it from UK? very-very good price, do you pay any taxes when do you recieve it? its look like denon 7200 is much cheaper in EU, then US, its good cause I will be in Berlin in two weeks. what about headphones itself? do you like them with iphone only?

I had to pay customs taxes when they reached JFK airport from the U.K. but it wasn't that much. The 7200's are the best closed back headphones that I've ever heard. Yes, they sound great driven straight from a phone. They are very easy to drive, but they sound even more incredible when amped. Mine were delivered in less than a week. I would order from Audio Sanctuary in a heartbeat.

Apr 5, 2017 at 2:56 AM Post #13 of 31
I had to pay customs taxes when they reached JFK airport from the U.K. but it wasn't that much. The 7200's are the best closed back headphones that I've ever heard. Yes, they sound great driven straight from a phone. They are very easy to drive, but they sound even more incredible when amped. Mine were delivered in less than a week. I would order from Audio Sanctuary in a heartbeat.

Do you try Focal Elear ? I also like the design of them !

Anybody try them just with iphone 7?

Apr 5, 2017 at 8:55 AM Post #15 of 31
note that when you read the reviews on such high end headset, the reviewers are most likely testing them out of a good source/amplification, so the results you will get on an iphone may WIDELY difer from what the reviews say. I'd suggest trying the headset on your iphone before buying anything.

If you have 1000 to spare, I'd split the buy in a dap like the FiiOX5-3 and the rest on any headset you'd like, you will get a much better listening experience overall in my opinion. To put it bluntly an iphone 7 source is a waste of good headphones.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back