Best Headphones for home theater?
Oct 21, 2004 at 1:28 AM Post #16 of 24
Call me stupid, but I think the HD595s are best for movies that I've heard. The soundstage is basically to die for, and the sound channeling and the correct forwardness of these cans makes it a perfect match for movies and Dolby Headphone
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 27, 2004 at 6:15 AM Post #18 of 24
My System Samsung DVD > OBH-11 > ATH- A1000.
I love it so much: great details, large and depth soundstage, closed design, nice bass punch without getting boomy.
In the old days I used US$ 1500 and the different with my headphone system with my old HT like night and day.

The downside only the ATH-A1000 is not wireless.

Porta

Oct 28, 2004 at 1:01 AM Post #21 of 24
unless you're using a computer to watch movies, i would go with either the pioneer dir1000s or 800s, both of which i've heard and are awesome for 5.1 sound reproduction. btw both are wireless. they have changed completely the way that i watch movies, i have spent many many hours with them and i could not do without them. contact jmedeiros for further confirmation as he has had both as well. good luck

edit srs tru surround is not true dolby surround processing, the pioneers have true dolby digital decoding. feel free to pm me with any other questions you have.

Oct 28, 2004 at 2:31 AM Post #22 of 24
I have searched this question also. I also have little kids and a surround sound system is worthless to me at this point since I watch movies after they go to bed, the one thing missing in all of these responses is this.

I use my open Grado 60's. Why?

They sound good, very good if you ask me with Star Wars and Raiders etc, probably not the best sound I admit ...

...But, My wife and I can hear if my kids wake up from a bad dream or something and go attend to them.

If I used closed cans that isolated to well I couldn't hear them if they need something.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back