Best headphones for Hip-Hop/Rap Music under $300?
Aug 20, 2011 at 3:23 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

leaveit2rani

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for some good headphones for Hip Hop music (something with really good Bass).  I owned a pair of ATH-M50s for a couple months and I don't know why everyone loves those things.  Personally, I felt they didn't live up to the hype.  I just want something I can bring with me to the library, at home, campus, etc.. Music I listen to:  Kanye, eminem, tupac, etc.. (pretty Bass heavy).

I would also like something that I can keep on high volume and still not distract others (study area in a library).  I don't know if that is possible (noise cancelling, perhaps?).  Thanks.

oh and what are your opinions on Bose or Beats?

Aug 20, 2011 at 3:34 PM Post #2 of 7
See if you can get a deal or save up your money for some Pro900's

Aug 20, 2011 at 3:42 PM Post #3 of 7

1. Ultrasone HFI-580 (they need many hours of burn in to sound their best, burn them in by playing music over night for some nights plural).
2. But of course if you can find a deal on Ultrasone pro 900 then them too
3. Sony xb500 or xb700

Aug 20, 2011 at 3:57 PM Post #5 of 7
Aug 20, 2011 at 4:03 PM Post #6 of 7
Thanks.  I don't know why, but one of the things I don't like about a lot of headphones is the 10 ft. cord.  Ideally, I'd like a 3 ft. cord.  I want something that I can walk with around campus, maybe the gym?  Thanks!  And again, sound control is very important.  I want to be able to listen to Stronger by Kanye in a quiet area without disturbing others.  This was a problem with the ATH-M50s.

Aug 20, 2011 at 4:45 PM Post #7 of 7
I'm going to throw my recommendation in for the Beyer DT 770 Pro 80 ohm. My first 'serious' headphone and I listened to rap/hip-hop and electronic almost exclusively. I loved them and still use them for around the house listening. I don't listen crazy loud but my wife has never been disturbed while I was wearing them.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back