Best headphones for electronic music
Sep 20, 2021 at 8:05 PM Post #61 of 90
Every time I see threads like this, no matter the genre, the Abyss 1266 is always rated as god-tier. I'm beginning to think it's a good headphone

Sep 20, 2021 at 10:31 PM Post #63 of 90
Sep 20, 2021 at 11:44 PM Post #64 of 90
The new Elite is really good better then the Empyrean for electronic. I've gone through all three pads and it's good on each but the hybrid is the best to me.

Sep 20, 2021 at 11:46 PM Post #65 of 90
Every time I see threads like this, no matter the genre, the Abyss 1266 is always rated as god-tier. I'm beginning to think it's a good headphone
you can't knock it till you have had a really long listen but if you set up right on the first try you should realize how good they are in seconds. I love mine and have the original coming to more for a modding project. Plus if you can run it over with a Jeep and come out with just missing some ceramic coating then it's worth the price in engineering. The sound you have to hear it's not like listening to other headphones. I wouldn't think of it as one.

Last edited:
Sep 21, 2021 at 3:10 AM Post #66 of 90
Bump. Will this be updated?
Yes, at least every september this thread worth to be updated )) Many great headphones added. And I'm pleased to say that for now I have closed headphones (Kennerton Rognir), that I like no less, than many open rivals.

2021-09-21_100209.png

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:17 AM Post #67 of 90
If you mean my threads on metal and jazz, probably there is a place for subjective bias ) But they're very, very good headphones any way. And I have to say, that my personal favorite first version of Abyss. Later incarnation could be more refined techmically, but taste-wise more sterile, alas fo me.

Sep 21, 2021 at 3:34 AM Post #68 of 90
From my own experience I'd say don't bother... Aside from pinpoint accurate soundstage/spatial separation I did not find anything worth mentioning with them. I sold them after less than 1 year. To me the Abyss is much overrated (maybe due to its one standout feature: its price...), and friends at our local meets seemed to not be wowed as well when I took the Abyss with me. Don't get drawn into the rabbit hole 'this is so expensive, it *must* sound good and I just have to get used to it' -- No, it doesn't. And No, you don't :wink:

Sep 21, 2021 at 7:37 PM Post #69 of 90
Recommend a 1266 O.G. it's really good my 1266 TC is better but O.G. sounds so much better then other newer headphones. Bass is good I'd say that people with the TC need to say the O.G. isn't good. I'd stay away from one track people. I have both and love both. Cost used is 2-2.2k. O.G. feels lighter easier to setup. I'll take it over the Elite I have. Also have to listen soon to Z1R and see if it beats TH900 mk2.

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:09 PM Post #70 of 90
95% of my music is probably some sort of electronic music and both Focal Stellia and Utopia are also excellent for EDM and electronic music in general, amazing bass slam/dynamics and well extended, sparkly trebles, lots of energy

Sep 21, 2021 at 8:22 PM Post #71 of 90
It all comes down to what aspect of electronic music you want to shine. On my current setup I listen to classical, jazz, rap, electronic music and every genre in between and I feel my current setup is the best jack of all trades.

Sep 22, 2021 at 8:54 AM Post #72 of 90
I give omg too Z1R. It just does amazing job on electronic music. Sound quality is perfect. Neutral and works with bass and treble controls to give a bit more if needed. It doesn't boost the regions. Easy to drive, weighs very little and not uncomfortable.

Sep 23, 2021 at 7:46 AM Post #73 of 90
I've tried so many headphones in this audiophile journey of mine; the one that delivers the most satisfying experience with EDM is the Fostex TH900 Mk2.

The Denon AH-D9200, the Denon AH-D7000, the Sony MDR-Z1R, and the Beyerdynamic T5p (2nd Generation) are good contenders, too.

Sep 23, 2021 at 9:47 AM Post #74 of 90
I've tried so many headphones in this audiophile journey of mine; the one that delivers the most satisfying experience with EDM is the Fostex TH900 Mk2.

The Denon AH-D9200, the Denon AH-D7000, the Sony MDR-Z1R, and the Beyerdynamic T5p (2nd Generation) are good contenders, too.
For two of your choices I love Fostex and Sony. Fostex is more fun the Sony is more general SQ. Tough choice if I put the 900 first or 2nd as it's holographic to what I would call more detailed Z1R. Bass seems better as there's subbass and midbass. Found fostex better at the subbass. Yeah Im in the middle of both. Denon units have not had the chance yet.

Sep 23, 2021 at 11:00 AM Post #75 of 90
I'll add the Fostex is better as it leans towards a more lively sound signature. Z1R kinda reminds me of HD650 with veiled sound presence. So if V shape is your thing I recommend 900 over Z1R. I try to find headphones which lean towards the 1266 TC.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back