Best headphones for electronic music
Aug 1, 2019 at 7:37 PM Post #33 of 90
An updated list would be soooo sweet. The only thing I dont understand with OPs list, is that the TH-X00 PH didnt do very well?? Most of the audio world agrees that purplehearts really shine with Electronic music.

Whats the treble like on those campfire basscades? They are out of my price range.

I’m definitely interested in trying more Ultrasones. I tried one of their cheaper pairs under $100 at guitar center, and thought it sounded great for the price. They got a pair around $500 that I hear competes with TR-X00 PH

Aug 3, 2019 at 5:13 PM Post #34 of 90
Definitely give the Ultrasone 900 a try. It's got an amazing low end for EDM. Ultrasone bass is my favorite for EDM, they really nail it in punch.

They also have the necessary treble sparkle to make the genre exciting to listen to.

The Ultrasone drivers are also fast in recovery to my ears. They are tight so you get the punch but it's not like a loose lingering bass. For EDM you need that fast speed so the headphone doesn't trip all over itself while pumping out the bass.

Last edited:
Aug 7, 2019 at 2:34 PM Post #35 of 90
Ya I need to hop on the Ultrasone Train. I just tried the Ultrasone Pro 580i, and I'm probably going to buy a set just for electronic music. I wish they were more portable, but I think I can make them work. I compared them against the V moda M100, Audio Tecnica M50X, Sennheiser HD-25, Momentum, HD 280, and BeyerDynamic DT 770 Studio, among others. They sound very clear, much more than their price point would suggest. The Pro 480i offer a lot of clarity and detail for their price too.

The 580i has some of the best bass I have heard since Fostex. It wouldn't call them cannons, but these are definitely basshead headphones. The s-logic tech makes the soundstage feel wide, and the imaging is done in a way I have never heard before. The problem with the 580i, was the tonality up high, but it works for certain genres. The 480i is more balanced and natural sounding, yet still somewhat "fun" sounding. I'm wondering what the 780i and 900i sound like in comparison. I've heard the 580i is the most v shaped of the bunch.

This is the point of being an audiophile, having a specific headphone for a specific set of genres. I think the visceral, grainy and unnatural treble of the 580i works well with electronic sounds in those upper frequencies.

The DT 770 Studio was also very good, however not as visceral as the 580i. DT 770 was overall a better, more balanced set of headphones.

Dec 17, 2019 at 5:17 PM Post #36 of 90
Hi
So what is the best closed back headphones to date for edm?
I am currently using tia trio and wm1z.
Yea its an iem, I was thinking about an headphone, is cascade or zmf Atticus a good option?

I love deep bass and cant stand to sharp treble.

Dec 18, 2019 at 6:14 PM Post #37 of 90
I'm 100% agree the Abyss AB 1266 Phi TC is god level with EDM. Currently listening to Suboxyde Which is dubstep and it the bass is ridiculous.

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:10 PM Post #38 of 90
I'm 100% agree the Abyss AB 1266 Phi TC is god level with EDM. Currently listening to Suboxyde Which is dubstep and it the bass is ridiculous.

Have you guys tried the sonorous viii?

Dec 18, 2019 at 7:42 PM Post #39 of 90
Dec 18, 2019 at 8:36 PM Post #40 of 90
I recently had a pair of amiron wireless and whole there's some congestion, the bass and highs are very euphoric and amazing with edm. I've owned a lot of high end gear over the years and these are so visceral and HARD yet transparent and musical. Took a while to burn in so the bass wasn't one noted but my god does it hit hard. I'm hoping the amiron home or 1990 will be less accommodating for bluetooth and be more tailored for audiophile

Last edited:
Dec 18, 2019 at 11:01 PM Post #41 of 90
How about the new abyss dianna V2 and Phi versions, arent they as good as 1266?

Dec 19, 2019 at 2:32 PM Post #42 of 90
The Diana doesn’t have the bass. But it has everything else for edm.

Dec 20, 2019 at 3:43 PM Post #43 of 90
The LCD 4 has amazing bass and everything else. I like them a lot. The headphone is more in your face, but it dosen't hurt. The weight of the headphone hasn't bothered me yet.

Apr 3, 2020 at 10:13 PM Post #44 of 90
I would say +1 for HD800, the level for detail and stage brings a whole new sense of euphoria to well-produced and mastered EDM genres.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back