Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Apr 14, 2013 at 10:33 PM Post #392 of 736
Quote:
With $500 I'd forget about all the other ones listed and get yourself a pair of Ultrasone Pro 900's as these will be a better choice.
beerchug.gif

Well, those do sound like the perfect headphones, but I don't know if I can just plop down over half of my money :I

Ehh...

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:35 PM Post #393 of 736
I've ran the V Moda's with the E17 and you can tune the thing any way you like it lol  Bring out the mids and get the bass so much that the over pressure the drivers generates can get discomforting at times and I'm a serious bass head.  Its overly bloated though and pretty loose but still is really fun to listen to.  Not as much body and depth as one would like but the V moda's aren't bad for a starter headphone.  Sometimes the depth can sound a bit blurred but its worth it as you can implant dead spots with an eq and get better distinctions in your music

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:37 PM Post #395 of 736
Sorry for the double post but it TOTALLY just hit me that you should get the Hifiman HE-400s.  Best ortho out there that actually comes with bass!! You can get used ones for around the same price as a new Ultrasone Pro 900 and you seriously can't beat the mids on orthos end of story

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #398 of 736
The hifiman He-400s? Ehhh not really its probably one of the most easiest to drive out of any ortho.  You can even drive it an iPod if you wanted but it wouldn't get its full potential.  You can even reach near its full potential with even a Fiio E10 which isn't even that strong of an amp.  I mean yeah sure if you wanted you could use a Woo Tube amp.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:54 PM Post #399 of 736
Quote:
Ultrasone Pro 900, Beyer COPs, Hifiman HE-400, and FiiO E17 amp. I honestly don't know which route to take.

Pro 900's and the E17 would be the only thing you'd need for a long while.

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:55 PM Post #400 of 736
The route I would actually prefer you take is to basically get the Fiio E17 for now and then during christmas, give your mom a heart warming $300 dollar request of the Hifiman headphones hahaha 
beyersmile.png
  It truly is a very good all around monster!

Apr 14, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #403 of 736
Quote:
Pro 900's and the E17 would be the only thing you'd need for a long while.

Common man music tastes change over time, and plus people listen to a wide range of music.  The pro 900s would be like his EDM ONLY set of cans and can basically do nothing else that well while the HE-400s would be a great all rounder.  Plus he can even use them to game on with its massive sound stage.  Plus if he wants to jam out to EDM the v moda LPs can handle it just fine with a fiio E17.

The highs btw on the Pro 900s get pretty harsh at times and forget the mids you can toss those out the window.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back