Best Headphones For Dubstep and Trap : Under $165
Apr 14, 2013 at 5:36 PM Post #365 of 736
They arent exactly clear but their bass will rattle the headphones right off your head. Basshead can forsure. But you like clarity so COP is the way to go. XB500 arent that clear but they are detailed in the mids. Some don't like to much detail because it takes the fun away from the song. But its your decision. I would be pullin the trigger ahaha :veryevil:

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:11 PM Post #372 of 736
The pro700s I cannot deny are dark but they aren't as dark as you say them to be. People even call the HE-400s dark not by the quality of the mids but by the positioning of the vocals. If you want to use the term dark the V Moda's are pretty dang dark without Eqing and so are the xb500s. The Pro700s are actually not as bad as you term them to be. The Pro700s like any bass heavy can by natural aren't going to be as airy in the trebles just simply by their tuning unless you want to go out and spend over 300 dollars for higher end models like the Ultrasone Pro 900s and even then, the mids and trebles are STILL recessed.

The only headphone I've actually listened to and enjoyed the mass amounts of bass was surprisingly the open back Somic MH463... These things do indeed carry a mid bass hump that is very fun to listen to and goes give quite a huge amount of bass while carrying the sound signature of the Sennheiser HD600. The mids are also insanely beautiful just like the ATH M50s with airiness and full of body with the massive sound stage that they carry as well.

Apr 14, 2013 at 6:48 PM Post #373 of 736
Alright, so I have 3 headphones on my list. The ATH-PRO700MK2, Sony XB500, and the Beyerdynamic Custom One Pros. I honestly don't know which one to pull the trigger on. I'll try to redefine my likings...

My preference of music is mostly Dubstep and Trap, with the occasional EDM. I'm pretty sure I'm a basshead. Enough bass to rattle my ears, or even my head will be good. I want good sub-bass, mid-bass, and lower mids (if there are any in Dubstep) and decent treble. So really, I want a good all-arounder for Dubstep AND Trap, with ear-moving bass. I also want the headphone to have good comfort, especially on the headband. I don't want it to be hard on the top of my head. The earpads also have to be decently comfortable. The durability does not matter much, if it's decent it's fine.

Apr 14, 2013 at 7:07 PM Post #374 of 736
Since you aren't sure exactly how much bass you need, the COPs seem the best choice since you can adjust them to change the bass response. Amazon has them for $162 right now. If don't tear up the box or damage them, you could return them for $10 in shipping if you don't like them.

Apr 14, 2013 at 7:38 PM Post #375 of 736
Quote:
Since you aren't sure exactly how much bass you need, the COPs seem the best choice since you can adjust them to change the bass response. Amazon has them for $162 right now. If don't tear up the box or damage them, you could return them for $10 in shipping if you don't like them.

I agree with cel with that you can use amazon to actually test out headphones before totally committing to them and buying it.  

Users who are viewing this thread

Back