Best Headphones for Classical/Opera
Nov 6, 2008 at 2:52 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

trungdvan

New Head-Fier
I've been reading alot in threads here on head-fi and I haven't really found any real answer for myself. I am looking for headphones in more of the upper price range. I was look at the GS-1000's because i read people says they are great for the classical purpose since that will be my main rotation as i'm a pianist. I read alot about Stax OII's and wonder if they are that great for classical? I could be willing to fork out that much but i wonder if the difference in price would justify the price difference? I also read about K1000,HD-600,D5000. Again, I'm just mainly listening to classical/opera. Thank You all.

Nov 6, 2008 at 3:04 AM Post #2 of 4
You've got to drop not only the big monies for the Omega 2, but also a chunk more on a decent amp (at least the SRM-717).

Likewise for the K1000, to get the best, you need a good quality speaker amp, although that combo can be done for less than the O2 rig.

The Ergo AMT I'd also like to throw in as a recomendation, you aren't going to need a thump in the bass with your musical needs, however by recent reports you're really got to go for the Amp2 to partner it with.

If you are looking to spend a bit of cash on something nice, I would very much advocate that you, with the exception of the K1000, pick a planar headphone.

Nov 6, 2008 at 4:00 PM Post #4 of 4
I copy my answer from your other identical thread (why double post?):
http://www.head-fi.org/forums/f4/bes...-opera-378517/

"You can't go wrong with an AKG K1000, a Stax SR-007(BL) or a Stax 4070 for classical/opera. In my opinion that is.
Excellent vocal presentation, sound depth/width, details, punch and more."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back