Best headphones for bass under $100
Jul 6, 2012 at 7:12 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

pichu

500+ Head-Fier
ok, I own the turtlebeach X12's, they are $59. I have listened to the beats and they do sound better than the X12's, but they dont sound $200s better. If I go and buy a $100 pair of headphones, will they sound much worse than the beats, and will they sound much better than the X12's? i just want your opinion on the X12's for bassy songs i.e / Skrillex, Nero , Bass Nectar, and also techno like Deadmau5. but for around 100-120 dollars. ( or less ) , what is my best choice for the best headphones for an electronic bass genre. Thanks

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:16 PM Post #2 of 8
I may not know as much as other when it comes to headphones, but at least I know beats are crap.

There's tons of $100 headphones that are better than beats.
Audio Technica WS55, Pioneer HDJ500, Sony XB700 are just a few.
Hell, even some $50 headphones are better than beats.

Since you seem like a basshead I recommend you check out the Sony MDR-XB700.

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:23 PM Post #3 of 8
ill check them out, by what you know they are good for techno / dubstep, becuase that is the only music i listen to, some oldies, but no just techno and dubstep,

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:32 PM Post #4 of 8
I don't have hundreads of headphones like some people here, so I can only advise you on headphones I have and use to have.

The Pioneer HDJ500 for under $100 are great when listening to skrillex and deadmau5.

I just got the Audio Technica ATH-M50 (about $150 online) and so far it's good for dubstep too. but I have this hooked up to a FiiO portable amp.

If you want a lot of bass, than the Sony XB700 will give you a crap load of bass.

Jul 6, 2012 at 7:48 PM Post #7 of 8
but do you think the bass will sound cloudy?

No, they sound great, but different people different taste  hearing, and you can EQ them to your desire level, if you're not sure than wait for a second opinion or go to a local store and try them out.
Pioneer's HDJ series are great for dubstep

also do you recommend an amp? or a headphone amp soundcard?

No, not really, I only got the amp because I like playing with gadgets.
My sansa fuze didn't have a problem with them, but it's always fun to have amp.
A basic FiiO E6 is only about $25

I got the FiiO E11 and set it to 2, and my Audio Technica WS55 can produce bass that rivals beats while sounding better at the same time

Users who are viewing this thread

Back