Best Headphones for $200-250!
Jan 4, 2011 at 8:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Leander7777

100+ Head-Fier
Alright, so I have IEMs, the UE TripleFi 10 pro recabled with Lune cable, large headphones, the Ultrasone pro 900s, and now I'm looking for a pair of headphones that is more portable than the Ultrasones, yet sounds very good. The Ultrasone pro 900s can be used out and about, but they are too large and isolate quite poorly. I'm not looking for noise canceling headphones, just some that isolate adequately. 
I got my sister a pair of Audio Technica es7s for christmas and I quite like their size. Perhaps they could be a little bigger, but not a lot.
As for the sound signature, I'm not looking for a specific sound sig. Both my Ultrasones and TripleFis aren't mid-centric, so I suppose a set that is somewhat mid-centric might complement my collection quite well. I listen to a large host of genres, but primarily end up listening to Trance, Opera, lounge, and rock.

So far the Audio Technica esw9 has sparked my interest, as I like the mid-centric sound sig. of the es7s and they are being sold for $219 on amazon.

I'll be amping them with an Arrow 3G, so resistance isn't really a problem. I'm also looking for something elegant and somewhat beautiful, given that the rest of my collection sort of lacks these attributes.. 
wink_face.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:21 PM Post #3 of 4

Thanks for the replies!
I don't want noise canceling heaphones, as I don't need the tech and quite a large portion of the price is due to the inclusion of the tech.
Quote:
What do u think about this  Denon AH-NC800 Noise Cancelling Headphones ?My friends told me it is good, very useful.And the price is good .

As for the esw9, I've never heard them. They just sparked my interest, because I like their looks and they seem like a more refined version of the es7s, which I quite like. The reason for this thread is because I know there are more headphones that look good, are portable, and can be bought for around $250... I'm just not aware of them, yet. 
ph34r.gif

Jan 4, 2011 at 9:45 PM Post #4 of 4
Having owned both the ES7 and ESW9, I'd pick the ES7 over the ESW9 EVERY time. ESW9 should have been a Sennheiser product. All warm, and absolutely no sparkle. Just sounded like utter veil to me. ES7 was a lot more energetic.

I didn't think they even looked that great in person. The wood didn't match well with the plastic... Just....no good, IMHO. And yeah, it was real.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back