Best headphones/earbuds for Pop Music
Mar 15, 2013 at 3:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Dastails

New Head-Fier
Hi I only recently found this website. Before comparing here I had a XB-400 which had a lot of bass, but wasn't necessarily clean. So I was wondering what the best Headphones/Earbuds for under $200 and it would be mostly for pop/dance music??? I would want these only for portability and would prefer closed headphones. I really don't care about anything else, just mostly comfort and sound quality.

Mar 15, 2013 at 4:08 PM Post #2 of 3
The headphones like V-Moda M80, Focal Spirit ONE are great value and M80 offers very dynamic punchy bass and overall very detaledb soundquality(with right portable AMPs it's almost match the midrange fullsize headphones desktop rig) with good isolation and comfort, Focal Spirit ONE offers more balanced soundquality with punchy bass and built well with good isolation to use as portable headphone and both has small form factor. IEMs like GR07(highly recommended), UE TF10Pro, Westone 3(used but highly recommended),  Sony XBA4, EX7550, Klipsch Image X5(highly recommended), X10 are great buy for these genres music.

Mar 15, 2013 at 10:30 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:
Hi I only recently found this website. Before comparing here I had a XB-400 which had a lot of bass, but wasn't necessarily clean. So I was wondering what the best Headphones/Earbuds for under $200 and it would be mostly for pop/dance music??? I would want these only for portability and would prefer closed headphones. I really don't care about anything else, just mostly comfort and sound quality.

Sound sig preferences?

Anyways, headphone-wise, the M80s are definitely worth a look, UE6000s as well especially for pop.
IEM-wise - something clean, but fun, would be the FXD80s and they slot very nicely under budget as well. 

Also - http://www.head-fi.org/t/596233/buying-portable-or-in-ear-headphones-seeking-guidance-dont-start-a-new-thread-ask-for-advice-here
http://www.head-fi.org/t/478568/multi-iem-review-274-iems-compared-hifiman-re-400-added-03-14-13-p-650

Users who are viewing this thread

Back