Best headphones\ ear buds\...for a gym workout
May 31, 2011 at 10:56 AM Post #2 of 8
MX980, OMX980, IE8, Bose IE2.

May 31, 2011 at 12:19 PM Post #3 of 8
<40 bucks - JVX FX67
<80 bucks - Future Sonics Atrio X
>100 bucks - Phonak Audeo PFE

I doubt any of them are the best on the earth tho.  They simply are awesome for me.  :)

May 31, 2011 at 12:34 PM Post #5 of 8
Then you might want to be more specific in your initial post.  For me a gym workout would just need a pair of headphones than can easily be worn over the ears and are comfortable without slipping out of your ears.  Be specific with what you want, and what price range or you're going to get random stuff you don't want.  Forum posting 101.

May 31, 2011 at 3:44 PM Post #6 of 8
I would strongly suggest the Yurbuds Ironman series.  Other than wearing an over the head, headphone, I have never found anything better.  I have owned every Sony "sport" headphone there is, most of the sennheiser one's too.  I used my PX100 for a long time before they finally shorted out due to too much moisture. 

The yurbuds gives up a little sound quality to wearing something like a PX100, but they are better than any sony or any Senn sports headphones to date.  And you can't get these things to fall out.  It just doesn't happen.  The humidity here has been brutal and it even went back and forth between drizzle and rain a couple of weeks ago, and they didn't budge whatsoever.  I always thought the Senn Twist to Fit system was going to be the best I had found at least as far as staying in place, but they weren't.  They succumbed to sweat and slid out after a period of time.  Some of the Sony's stay put pretty good, but the sound was too dreadful.  Tinny and empty. 

I am tempted to use the tips of the Yurbuds with a different earbud to increase sound quality, but I 'm just not sure how well a typical earbud cord will hold up to a good sweat. 

Apr 11, 2012 at 1:34 AM Post #8 of 8
Are yur buds still the best choice out there? It's about a year since this post. I too am looking for sport headphones that are durable and will actually stay in put in my ears without falling out once I start sweating. Yurbuds still the way to go?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back