Best Headphone under $200?
Dec 2, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #31 of 73
The Beyerdynamic DT 880, Beyerdynamic DT 990, and the AKG Q701 are all cheaper or equal in price to the Sennheiser HD 598 and all are considered a tier above the HD 598. The DT 880, DT 990, and Q701 are in the same tier as the HD 600/650. It's more about whether what headphone will suit is personal preference in sound the most for the price is looking at.

Quote:
Hey guys I found that the new Logitech UE 6000 got many positive reviews, any ideas about that headphone? I think it is also under $200, and innerfidelity on youtube said it sounded better than the AKG k550 .! 

I don't know anything about the Logitech UE 6000 or the AKG K550, so I can't really comment on them. Honestly I think it's subjective whether the K550 or UE 6000 sounds better, it's a matter of finding your sound preference, which is hard to know unless you have tried multiple different pairs of headphones from different brands. Also Tyll on Innerfidelity or basically any reviewer are going by their preferences on headphones at least some, which may or may not fit your own preference. Finding the sound signature that suits you best is honestly a real pain. If I knew what sound signature I liked from the beginning I wouldn't of wasted so much money on headphones I never really liked. I wish it was easier to have the option to try before you buy on most of these headphones instead of going from reviewers that may or may not have similar sound preferences as you do.

Dec 3, 2012 at 1:33 AM Post #32 of 73
Spend a little more and get the HD598 or wait until it goes on sale again on Amazon for ~$180. Also, we won't tell you to buy headphones like Logitech, Bose and Beats, LOL.

have you heard the other cans listed to recommend the hd 598? or is this just speculation .. .

the dt 880 under 200 dollars? that will be a great deal!

Dec 4, 2012 at 6:21 AM Post #33 of 73
No I am not able to try out the headphones yet. And btw, if I get a chance to do so, what is a good track for trying out what are the pros and cons of the headphones? 
thanks very much

Dec 4, 2012 at 7:41 AM Post #34 of 73
Quote:
Hey guys I found that the new Logitech UE 6000 got many positive reviews, any ideas about that headphone? I think it is also under $200, and innerfidelity on youtube said it sounded better than the AKG k550 .! 

I have the AKG K550 and have had the opportunity to try the UE6000 many times. I prefer the sound and the comfort of the AKG by far, but as kman211 correctly points, probably it's a question of your personal preference. I find the UE6000 a bit far agressive and dark, may be better in the treble, and the AKG smoother and more equilibred.

Dec 4, 2012 at 9:17 AM Post #35 of 73
Quote:
quote.gif

I have the AKG K550 and have had the opportunity to try the UE6000 many times. I prefer the sound and the comfort of the AKG by far, but as kman211 correctly points, probably it's a question of your personal preference. I find the UE6000 a bit far agressive and dark, may be better in the treble, and the AKG smoother and more equilibred.

My mouse and keyboard are Logitech.. no idea how I could ever take this company seriously for headphones...

Dec 5, 2012 at 2:44 AM Post #38 of 73
Quote:
No I am not able to try out the headphones yet. And btw, if I get a chance to do so, what is a good track for trying out what are the pros and cons of the headphones? 
thanks very much

Wintersun, with the first two tracks of the album. It is amazing, we are talking 20+ layers of instrumentation and vocals carefully mixed!

Dec 5, 2012 at 3:29 AM Post #39 of 73
Spend a little more and get the HD598 or wait until it goes on sale again on Amazon for ~$180. Also, we won't tell you to buy headphones like Logitech, Bose and Beats, LOL.

I disagree with the notion that we don't recommend logitech or bose. UE is a known brand here for making good headphones. Look up the triple.fi 10 for an example. As for bose, I see recommendations here and there for their noise cancelling headphones. I won't touch the subject of beats though.

Point is, no matter branding, there are good headphones out there that should be recommended.

Dec 10, 2012 at 2:43 AM Post #42 of 73
Quote:
Sorry for going off topic a bit, but what would you guys suggest for a headphone under $50 ? I would like to give that as a birthday gift for my friend.

Maybe the monoprice? Idk

Dec 14, 2012 at 12:17 AM Post #45 of 73
hey guys what amp would you guys suggest to go with a DT 990 pro which is under 100? I think Imma choose that headphone but I heard it needs an amp

the Cmoy BB / Fiio E10 / Fiio E11 are the best choices .. you can also try Millet's Starving Student Hybrid .. as the DT-990 pros love Tubes

Users who are viewing this thread

Back