Best Headphone for instrumental classical and vocal music.
Nov 17, 2008 at 4:03 PM Post #2 of 38
A used Bada PH-12 and a used pair of the"bass-heavy" K501 should do you just fine--but then, you'll need a worthy source, too. With period/baroque/classical/romantic/etc. I invariably turn to the K501. : )

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:25 PM Post #3 of 38
Olblue you are asking for someone else ? Your HD650 should do pretty well considering the criteria set by you. X2 on K501, though the "bass heavy" K501 might not be very easy to get and they definitely need better amp than your previously owned K701. AD2000 has good midrange if you don't mind it's coloration.

Nov 17, 2008 at 4:56 PM Post #4 of 38
Well I know the HD 650 and HD 600 are very nice for your criteria, but they do need proper amps and a 550 dollar budget just isn't going work with the HD 6x0
frown.gif

I haven't heard the K501, but from what I've read, they seem pretty good for classical. I have no idea what amp would drive them well enough, that you can fit into the budget, Zero?
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:53 PM Post #6 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by olblueyez /img/forum/go_quote.gif
My budget is 550 dollars and I will also need an amp if these headphones cannot be driven by an ipod.

Thanks

Hey olblueyez tell me something is that a pic of you I am seeing there in your Avatar?

If so then you are old I am sure right?

I wanna know how your hearing is at that age cause I think I listen to music to loud and I am not sure what will happen when I get old like you. So how do I know when my music is to loud on my headphones?

I also heard at your age you cannot hear 20hz and stuff?

Nov 17, 2008 at 5:57 PM Post #7 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Hey olblueyez tell me something is that a pic of you I am seeing there in your Avatar?

I wanna know how your hearing is at that age cause I think I listen to music to loud and I am not sure what will happen when I get old like you. So how do I know when my music is to loud on my headphones?

rolleyes.gif

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:09 PM Post #9 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by john5220 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

Isn't olblueyez's avatar an image of Frank Sinatra?

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:16 PM Post #10 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by wae5 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Isn't olblueyez's avatar an image of Frank Sinatra?

Ow ho
popcorn.gif

I knew it looked familiar. It would be curious to ask someone at 60 and over how their hearing is at that age and can they really hear low and high frequency

I find us Humans are a bit to lame we should have been able to withstand thousands of years of immortality i mean you go and buy all these expensive headphones and audiophile equipment only to one day die and leave it all.

Scientists need to find a way to create immortality quick. hmm

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:17 PM Post #11 of 38
K701 hands down. Go for about $250. You cant really get an amp to drive them perfectly for 300 but you can get a decent one. I have heard mine with a superior amp and they scale beautifully. With my amp, which isn't really intended for low impedance high current phones, they still sound spectacular, especially with the types of music you mentioned.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:18 PM Post #12 of 38
Of course it is. Check John's other posts and prepare for a good laugh or perplexing impressions. And by the way as far as I know the OP has owned K701 and sold it.

Nov 17, 2008 at 6:26 PM Post #13 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by pataburd /img/forum/go_quote.gif
A used Bada PH-12 and a used pair of the"bass-heavy" K501 should do you just fine--but then, you'll need a worthy source, too. With period/baroque/classical/romantic/etc. I invariably turn to the K501. : )

To avoid a wild goose chase, how do you tell whether a K501 is bass heavy or bass light? When compared to pop/rock music, most classical music is bass light so why does this matter?

Nov 17, 2008 at 7:03 PM Post #14 of 38
Nov 17, 2008 at 7:13 PM Post #15 of 38
Quote:

Originally Posted by tintin47 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
K701 hands down. Go for about $250. You cant really get an amp to drive them perfectly for 300 but you can get a decent one.

X2

The K701+amp = The best option for this budget...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back