1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Headphone AMP/DAC under $100?

1. StayGold
    I'm looking for a amp/dac for my sennheiser HD558s. I will use it for gaming and music, I thought about getting a sound card but the good ones are quite expensive and I have no interest in virtual surround or whatever features gamers buy those things for, also I would like something I could use elsewhere than just my computer. I'm considering the Fiio E10K would that be a good option? Any other recommendations?

2. Music Alchemist
    My favorite is the Schiit Fulla.

StayGold likes this.
  3. PurpleAngel Contributor

FiiO Q1, $70
    FiiO E10K, $76
    FiiO Fulla, $90

If your willing to up your budget to $170, you could get the FiiO X3 gen II.
    It can work as a USB DAC/amp with a PC or Mac and function as a portable music player.

StayGold likes this.
  4. StayGold
    I could probably up my budget to $120 but not much more than that. I would prefer sound quality and power over potability. I'm thinking the E10k out of those simply for the high and low gain switch. I would really like a bit more bass, if you ask me the hd558s are a bit weak when it comes to bass. 

5. PurpleAngel Contributor

Yea, not a lot of bass with the HD558, but at least it's more bass then my ATH-AD700 headphones[​IMG] 

The Q1 is a new design, over the E10K and it looks like the Q1 has a bass boost switch.
    Think I would take the Q1 over the E10K.

StayGold likes this.
  6. avitron142
    The DACport Slim from Massdrop is a total beast - from what I hear, it's supposed to be better than the Fiio's and Schiit's in the same price range.

Boonierat likes this.
  7. Boonierat
    Would you say the DACport Slim is overkill for an ATX-AD700X? I am just starting out and wanted something that might boost the bass a slight bit.

8. serman005
    I also like the Q1 in this situation.

9. Boonierat
    Yeah, It makes more sense. Found one for $35. Thanks for the recommendation!

10. serman005
    Sure.

11. squee116
    I was under the impression that 558's could be driven straight from PC. My friend has a pair being driven by an ASUS motherboard. I'd imagine a DAP or phone could drive them too? Is the AMP/DAC for another pair of headphones?

12. ahmadfaizadnan
    Schiit fulla2