Best Gym portable that 'grabs you'?
Jan 9, 2011 at 3:19 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 55

disastermouse

Headphoneus Supremus
I'm looking for a good portable or IEM for the gym that really isn't laid back. I've got Shure E2 (meh) and Klipsch Image 4s - neither really 'drives' me at the gym.

Which portable do you have with low microphonics (for IEMs) and a great Grado-esque mid-kick that isn't crazy bright?

At the gym I listen to everything but Godflesh and Gabber Hardcore figure prominently.

Jan 9, 2011 at 6:11 AM Post #2 of 55
For me it's my ultimate ears super fi 5 pro's, not the brightest/detailed but they are for me the most fun i've listened to.

Most of my dance/trance hardcore material sounds best on them, a good fun iem for me.

Personally i would look at the ue 10 triple fi, amazon have bargains with them on occasions.

Jan 9, 2011 at 6:46 AM Post #3 of 55

For me it's my ultimate ears super fi 5 pro's, not the brightest/detailed but they are for me the most fun i've listened to.

Most of my dance/trance hardcore material sounds best on them, a good fun iem for me.

Personally i would look at the ue 10 triple fi, amazon have bargains with them on occasions.

I've heard the 10 triple fi have gawdawful build quality though.

Jan 9, 2011 at 2:47 PM Post #4 of 55
Bumpus.

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:39 PM Post #6 of 55
I can't even find the RE262 on the Head-Direct website....just the RE252.

Jan 9, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #8 of 55

Quote:
Sorry, it might be a few weeks before they come out.  I heard the triple fi does not focus on mid range if that helps rule those out.

The heaps of Amazon reviews crowing about them breaking and the cables coming off has already ruled them out....

Unless they show up for $99 again - I ALMOST jumped on that black friday deal.

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:07 PM Post #9 of 55
Try getting something with a V shaped sound. Triple.fi 10 is one option, but also consider the $20 meelelectronics M6. Decent sound and build, and if they eventually break it's no worry. Or if you can find it the panasonic hje900 - wonderful IEM to drive you.

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:21 PM Post #10 of 55
The TF10s are fine and although the cable's not the best, the build on the phones themselves is pretty sturdy. But even getting them on sale, I'd think twice about taking phones this good to the gym. Do you really want to sweat up some multi-hundred dollar iems?

Jan 9, 2011 at 4:27 PM Post #12 of 55
I was going to suggest the Creative EP630/Senn CX300 (what I would use) as a simple, beater gym headphone, but then I realized my M6 is an all-around better version of the EP630s and just as cheap nowadays. The only problem is, the M6 is over-ear, which might not be the best for gym usage. Maybe look into MEElec's similar offerings, like the M9 or M11?

Jan 9, 2011 at 5:39 PM Post #13 of 55
I find the metro.fi 220's to be very good all-round for sound. not too bright, and reasonably accurate bass (can come off a little woofy at times). the cable noise is a little irritating though (I wear mine over-ear, which helps bigtime).
I got mine for ~$20, and I much perfer these over the Meelec M6.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back