1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Best Grado cans for rock/metal confirmation.

Discussion in 'Headphones (full-size)' started by palpatine, Dec 3, 2009.
  1. Palpatine
    Many of us agree that the SR225i are the best Grado phones for rock/metal under $200. I haven't heard any other higher tier Grado and wanted to know if the RS1i is the ultimate rock/metal phone from the current Grado line...or is it the GS1000?

2. unl3a5h3d
    Also interested.

3. LingLing1337
    HF-2...

4. Palpatine
    I knew someone was going to suggest the HF2...but I asked for AVAILABLE Grado models...and unless I am mistaken the HF2 is not available on the Grado site... and was limited in number.

5. thechungster
    I'm pretty sure the GS1000 moves away from the typical Grado sound sig

6. Duncan_McCloud
    Quote:

Originally Posted by Palpatine /img/forum/go_quote.gif
    I knew someone was going to suggest the HF2...but I asked for AVAILABLE Grado models...and unless I am mistaken the HF2 is not available on the Grado site... and was limited in number.

If you take a look on "For Sale" forum i am pretty sure you will be able to find some. If not just wait a couple of day.

7. Palpatine
    Thanks...however, I want to know of the available ones ( read NEW ) which are the best for rock/metal.
    I'll assume the RS1i.

8. Vonx
    necessary grave dig.

if i cant find someone who puts their input on this thread, ill make a new one

9. Gwarmi

Quote:

Just get a Grado 325is if you want absolute raw power, PS500 if you want a little relief in the treble peak but with a better bass response
     and RS1i if you want the most balanced of the 3.

But if you want to swing from chandeliers like a mad man ~ 325is. Do it.

10. Vonx

Quote:

Lol, awesome

But in what terms of power, what do you mean? Treble power?

As long as it isnt fatiguing or sibilant beyond listenable, I could work with it, as long as it makes me headbang 

How does percussion sound on the 325's?

PS500 sounds around my ally

11. Gwarmi

Quote:

Great bass impact ~ there is always one test, most of his material maybe be questionable but no one will disagree
    that Phil Collin's 'In the Air Tonight' drum break is not awesome for testing percussion impact.

Passes the test on my 325i [​IMG]