Best gaming mice
Mar 10, 2013 at 11:27 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 404

nickole

New Head-Fier
On the Internet you can find a lot of different top 10 list of the best gaming mouse on the market. I think that the best gaming mouse depends on the needs of every gamer. To know choose the mouse which is the best for your needs you need to know the most important features of gaming mice. On [Mod Edit: Link removed] you can find a lot of reviews of mice and advice on what you need to look out for when buying a new gaming mouse.

This is my list of the top 10 gaming mouse which I have personally tested.

1. [size=inherit] 1. Thermaltake Level 10
    2. Logitech G500
    3. Razer Deathadder
    4. Logitech MX-518
    5. Steelseries Sensei
    6. Razer Naga Hex
    7. Thermaltake Tt eSPORTS Black Element
    8. Logitech G9X
    9. Razer Mamba
    10. Cooler Master CM Storm Xornet

[/size]
  1. [size=inherit]  
[/size]

Mar 15, 2013 at 3:39 AM Post #2 of 404
I haven't tried all of them, but for those i have tried my absolute favorite was the Razer Mamba no doubt, especially with the lift of distance spec. For me it fits perfectly, and when you're done gaming, it's nice to have a wireless mouse. Atleast thats my experience.

Mar 18, 2013 at 9:47 PM Post #4 of 404
Only used 2 from your list, having the TT sports element as my favorite.

1- TT sports black element
2- Razer deathadder
3- Corsair vengeance M60

Mar 19, 2013 at 7:04 AM Post #5 of 404
I mainly use a Razer Deathadder and Logitech G400. They are both perform pretty well. 

Razer has some quality issues though, both me and my brother's started to double-click on a single left click after a while, and they will only give refurbished replacements if they do. My brother had to go through their RMA process a few times before he got one without that issue... needless to say, I will probably avoid their products from now on.

The Logitech G400 I haven't had for too long yet, so I can't comment on its durability. It tracks very well though, as well as any other mouse that I've had. And it is fairly lightweight, which I value very highly. The middle mouse click on mine is quite deep though, which can be annoying if you need to use it often.

I also have a Logitech G700 that I haven't really used. When I tried it though, it was very heavy compared to the ones I've used in the past, and I wasn't too accustomed to it.

My List:
  • Logitech G400
  • Razer Deathadder
  • Razer Diamondback
  • Logitech G700

May 14, 2013 at 8:28 PM Post #10 of 404
Deathadder BE
G500

I started with the G500, but I have sweaty hands while gaming, and picked up the BE. It's texture really helps me with long sessions. I only play Borderlands 2 and TF2 on PC, so I don't need tons of buttons. I never use the thumb buttons anyway, too weird and horribly placed for my grip. The cable on the G500 is bullet proof, pretty much, which makes it hard to route, and look neat. Just a pet peeve.

I'm really enjoying the Deathadder Black Edition.

May 14, 2013 at 9:40 PM Post #11 of 404
Quote:
Deathadder BE
G500

I started with the G500, but I have sweaty hands while gaming, and picked up the BE. It's texture really helps me with long sessions. I only play Borderlands 2 and TF2 on PC, so I don't need tons of buttons. I never use the thumb buttons anyway, too weird and horribly placed for my grip. The cable on the G500 is bullet proof, pretty much, which makes it hard to route, and look neat. Just a pet peeve.

I'm really enjoying the Deathadder Black Edition.

i have the deathadder black edition and I find I sweat alot with it
but its comfortable and the placement of the forward/back buttons are well placed for me
after 2 years of use, still works great

May 16, 2013 at 9:29 PM Post #13 of 404
I use the CM Storm Xornet and for a budget mouse it really does the job. A decent selection of DPI choices, some extra buttons and it really conforms to my style of grip. You can't beat it for the price.

May 18, 2013 at 1:58 AM Post #15 of 404
One thing to keep an eye on here is what games you play.

I have a massive pet peeve for devices that have a very (Large/Long/Bad) lift-off distance. When playing FPS games I constantly pick up my mouse and reset it to the middle of my pad. (I don't use a pad, but whatever). 

For this reason I cannot use the Naga, and a few other models. I use a razer imperator. (Old model for now) I've tried 3-4 other "newer" more expensive models and always go back to the imperator because it favors my grip and "lifting" issues. 

If anyone doesn't know, this basically means that when you pick up and put down the mouse, it moves the cursor on the screen. This can be VERY annoying for twitch gameplay. For me it makes many devices unusable.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back