Best gaming mice
Jan 18, 2017 at 9:21 PM Post #226 of 404
I'm thankful that Aesthetics has taken a back seat to ergonomics, remember PC hardware from the 90's? I have a Mad Catz RAT 7, it looks like it was dismantled and put back together by someone who was a few roos short in the top paddock. But it suits my grip perfectly, my grip varies depending upon what I am doing. And not all mice work with different grips OR hands with medium sized palms/long fingers like mine. The ability to customize the mouse to suit my hand has been essential, I won't buy another mouse that doesn't have that ability.

But even then I still use a wacom graphics tablet for photographic editing work, Using a mouse for that kind of precision work is an excellent way to get RSI. I also use a Corsair K95 mechanical [ cherry red, with key silencers] Keyboard. The design of the keyboard is easy to maintain and keep clean....there is nothing more annoying [or gross] than a keyboard that is difficult to maintain, so much crud can accumulate around keycaps...there are some keyboards that are best typed on while wearing a hazmat suit.

Jan 18, 2017 at 9:38 PM Post #227 of 404
  I'm thankful that Aesthetics has taken a back seat to ergonomics, remember PC hardware from the 90's? I have a Mad Catz RAT 7, it looks like it was dismantled and put back together by someone who was a few roos short in the top paddock. But it suits my grip perfectly, my grip varies depending upon what I am doing. And not all mice work with different grips OR hands with medium sized palms/long fingers like mine. The ability to customize the mouse to suit my hand has been essential, I won't buy another mouse that doesn't have that ability.

But even then I still use a wacom graphics tablet for photographic editing work, Using a mouse for that kind of precision work is an excellent way to get RSI. I also use a Corsair K95 mechanical [ cherry red, with key silencers] Keyboard. The design of the keyboard is easy to maintain and keep clean....there is nothing more annoying [or gross] than a keyboard that is difficult to maintain, so much crud can accumulate around keycaps...there are some keyboards that are best typed on while wearing a hazmat suit.

I bought a RAT7, didn't work at all for my grip...just goes to show we're all different

Feb 27, 2017 at 1:21 PM Post #228 of 404
There are plenty of factors to consider. Things such as the ergonomics, design, features, sensor, and the types of games you play will affect your decision to buy a particular mouse over the other. For a pretty good mouse overall, I recommend either the Razer Deathadder Elite or the Logitech G502 Proteus Spectrum.

Feb 27, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #229 of 404
The deathadder has build quality issues and the g502 (which has a superior sensor) is incredibly heavy even without any weights which you might not notice if you don't play competitive but the g403 is much lighter, removes weight gimmicks, and has the same sensor

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:13 PM Post #230 of 404
G403 or G Pro are my recommendations.  Currently using a G Pro and I'll hit shots I thought I missed, it's uncanny!  I also have a Zowie FK2 which has the best ergonomics for me but the force required to depress M1 is too high.  Had a MX518 (amazing mouse, still works), and Deathadder 2013 before.  Deathadder is nice, with good mouse buttons and good sensor but it's too tall for my hand and I end up getting tension and aches in the back of my hand and wrist.

Feb 28, 2017 at 7:15 PM Post #231 of 404
  G403 or G Pro are my recommendations.  Currently using a G Pro and I'll hit shots I thought I missed, it's uncanny!  I also have a Zowie FK2 which has the best ergonomics for me but the force required to depress M1 is too high.  Had a MX518 (amazing mouse, still works), and Deathadder 2013 before.  Deathadder is nice, with good mouse buttons and good sensor but it's too tall for my hand and I end up getting tension and aches in the back of my hand and wrist.

My exact thoughts regarding the G Pro and the Zowie. Went from a Zowie Fk to a G Pro and haven't looked back. Love how easy M1 and M2 are to press.

Feb 28, 2017 at 11:06 PM Post #232 of 404

the g403 is basically the ergonomic g pro. Similar weight and identical sensors, but made specifically for right hand users. G502 is slightly more ergonomic but it simply weighs too much 

Mar 2, 2017 at 10:16 AM Post #233 of 404
  the g403 is basically the ergonomic g pro. Similar weight and identical sensors, but made specifically for right hand users. G502 is slightly more ergonomic but it simply weighs too much 

I have used the G502 and I am going to say that it is not that ergonomic for people with large hands. But, I do like its functionality, especially the button that allows your scroll wheel to move freely; perfect for scrolling large volumes of texts and documents.

Mar 8, 2017 at 11:45 PM Post #234 of 404
Razer Deathadder Elite here. I know Razer gets a lot of flak but I think they're seriously solid. I've used a bunch of mice from Logitech, SteelSeries, Corsair, and some other brand I can't recall, and the Deathadder just feels the best to me. 

Mar 30, 2017 at 6:58 AM Post #236 of 404
I recently replaced my Logitech G400s with a G502 Proteus Spectrum. I'm very pleased with it, the only problem I've had is that a few times I've accidentally increased the dpi during hectic fights but that could be solved by remapping the dpi up button.

Apr 28, 2017 at 11:00 PM Post #239 of 404
On the "show your PC rig" thread on here, It is a delight to see how many RAT Mice show up.

May 19, 2017 at 1:05 AM Post #240 of 404
I use a Corsair M45, perfectly happy with it and most comfortable mouse I've owned, have absolutely no complaints about it. I use it alongside a K70 LUX(red LED, cherry brown switches). Going for the black and red theme with my computer.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back