Best Gaming Headphones for me. current ones aren't good.
May 8, 2017 at 5:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 14

Rayz

100+ Head-Fier
Hey guys.

I'm looking for a headphones that just perfect for gaming. my budget can be as high as 500$ (tho, if there's something cheaper, i'd like to know).

I really need a headphones where I can sound every detail and feel like I live it.
That's what makes the perfect gaming headphones in my eyes.
It doesn't matter dark or bright sound, as long as the sound is natural enough.

Current setup is Beyers 990PRO\770 PRO\AKG K701 via Creative ZXR \ Xonar STX II.
Both are awesome for music, same as my AKG K701 - but the K701 are bassless (a bad start for gaming)...

Do you have something to suggest?
Thank you very much.

Rayz.

May 8, 2017 at 6:06 PM Post #2 of 14
Hey guys.

I'm looking for a headphones that just perfect for gaming. my budget can be as high as 500$ (tho, if there's something cheaper, i'd like to know).

I really need a headphones where I can sound every detail and feel like I live it.
That's what makes the perfect gaming headphones in my eyes.
It doesn't matter dark or bright sound, as long as the sound is natural enough.

Current setup is Beyers 990PRO\770 PRO\AKG K701 via Creative ZXR \ Xonar STX II.
Both are awesome for music, same as my AKG K701 - but the K701 are bassless (a bad start for gaming)...

Do you have something to suggest?
Thank you very much.

Rayz.

Beyerdynamic DT 1990 Pro which does sometimes drop to around $500. While not the biggest soundstage they have a lot of detail, really good imaging, very natural sounding(will make what you have sound artificial)and are very physical and dynamic sounding. They are my go to headphones for gaming as well as music. Two sound settings from two different included pads, analytical pads will make the soundstage bigger while balanced pads add a bit of bass.

May 8, 2017 at 6:12 PM Post #3 of 14

May 9, 2017 at 10:59 PM Post #5 of 14
I really like the AKG k7xx for gaming since they have great soundstage/imaging and bass (so music sounds full, unlike say the AT AD700X). I haven't heard the k701 so I'm not sure how much more bass they have over that model. I also have the AT r70x which I prefer for music over the k7xx (better mids, no treble spikes), and it's good for gaming as well though the soundstage is narrower (imaging is still great).

May 9, 2017 at 11:24 PM Post #6 of 14
The AKG K712 has more bass and a more neutral tuning than the K701. The Beyerdynamic Amiron Home is another choice, it's more spacious and laid-back sounding than the DT 1990 and also really shines in gaming.

May 10, 2017 at 5:42 AM Post #7 of 14
Final Sonorous III. Wide sound stage, good passive isolation, deep bass and very clear mid range.

Note that the earpads holes are approx 53mm diameter so if your ears are larger then grab a pair of Brainwavz HM5 lambskin pads and they'll fit with a bit of work just fine, lots more ear room.

Last edited:
May 10, 2017 at 7:41 PM Post #8 of 14
Thanks all :) I'm starting to think that the AKG K712 is the right choice.

Also, how the Ultrasone PRO 900 are for gaming?

May 10, 2017 at 7:51 PM Post #9 of 14
I use HD650 for gaming. I mainly play military shooters like arma 3 and squad and the positioning is incredible. In arma I can hear choppers coming and pinpoint their direction 20-30 seconds before they arrive and we have AA ready to go when they get there. My team says just my hearing is enough of an asset, let alone any other abilities. I attribute most of this to my headphone setup. You really want headphones that can layer Soundstage very deep, so you can pinpoint footsteps and gunfire amidst the ambient sounds. Some arma 3 mods I play do not let you turn off ambient sound effects for added realism.

As for the bass, HD650 aren't known to be for bassheads but with my setup they have plenty of bass for gaming without getting in the way of the other sounds.

May 10, 2017 at 9:35 PM Post #10 of 14
I use HD650 for gaming. I mainly play military shooters like arma 3 and squad and the positioning is incredible. In arma I can hear choppers coming and pinpoint their direction 20-30 seconds before they arrive and we have AA ready to go when they get there. My team says just my hearing is enough of an asset, let alone any other abilities. I attribute most of this to my headphone setup. You really want headphones that can layer Soundstage very deep, so you can pinpoint footsteps and gunfire amidst the ambient sounds. Some arma 3 mods I play do not let you turn off ambient sound effects for added realism.

As for the bass, HD650 aren't known to be for bassheads but with my setup they have plenty of bass for gaming without getting in the way of the other sounds.

The HD 650 can chunk out more bass than people realize on right system and they are actually quite good for gaming as they have good depth and layering.

May 14, 2017 at 9:33 PM Post #11 of 14
Thanks. so it's now AKG K712 vs HD 650. actually, both headphones i'd like to buy. too bad you can't have both. :frowning2:

May 15, 2017 at 3:06 AM Post #12 of 14
Is there any gaming headphone out there that came with built in binaural software rather than multiple drivers at different angles (which don't give the slightest sense of surround sound)?

May 17, 2017 at 12:53 AM Post #13 of 14
Yes, but they're all gaming-bull

Users who are viewing this thread

Back