Best games for music listening
Jan 10, 2013 at 3:50 PM Post #16 of 28
rez on dreamcast had a great soundtrack that interacts with the gameplay itself. some kind of psychedelic journey. i like playing counterstrike source with some of my own music in the background. no serious gaming though.

Jan 15, 2013 at 2:45 AM Post #18 of 28
Ni No Kuni: Wrath of the White Witch, soon to be released on the PSN, though I own the soundtrack, is dazzling. Maybe not in the same realm of things you are discussing, but a real sweeping, wonderful composition of music. 

Jan 26, 2013 at 6:06 PM Post #22 of 28
Any turn-based strategy game is great for playing while listening to music. They tend not to use voice frequently and the game soundtrack usually doesn't convey any useful information. i.e., you don't have to listen to the game at all and there is no time pressure to make a decision.

I particularly enjoy Master of Magic, Master of Orion II, etc. etc.

Jan 30, 2013 at 8:42 AM Post #24 of 28
I have been really into the Bastion/ Hotline Miami music as well as someSquare soft/enix stuff, there is also another indie game that had a soundtrack I love but I cannot think of it at the moment, all I can remember was there was something to do with plants or organic matter or something along those lines.

Feb 27, 2013 at 7:09 PM Post #27 of 28
Quote:
Hotline Miami.  That electronic/psychedelic soundtrack helped fuel one of the most ****ed up and incredible experiences of 2012.

did you beat it with both endings? Seriously one of teh best games of 2012 let alone indie games of the year.

Mar 10, 2013 at 3:11 AM Post #28 of 28
Theaterhythm Final Fantasy is quickly becoming my favorite game for music listening. Some of the absolute best tracks from each Final Fantasy OST all in one game. I love it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back