Eternal Sonata
Jade Empire
Ninety-Nine Nights
Kameo - Elements of Power
Persona 4 and 5
Shadow of the Colossus
Radian Historia
Technobabylon

Honesty, there are many games with outstanding music. But from the list above I think I've listened to the NieR soundtrack the most. It's magical.

May 15, 2020 at 12:14 PM Post #33 of 435
Anyone play The World Ends With You on the Nintendo DS?

Really nice hiphop soundtracks.

Last edited:
May 15, 2020 at 6:16 PM Post #35 of 435
Lena Raine - Celeste: Farewell Soundtrack
Euphonic and full of atmospheric pathos -- all while somehow while still retaining an 8-bit-inspired, video-gamey style. Her soundtrack to the original Celeste is also great, but Celeste: Farewell takes it to another level.

Jun 14, 2020 at 3:00 PM Post #39 of 435
Xenoblade Chronicles 1-2 has some of the most epic music I’ve heard in the many RPGs I’ve played since the PS1.

Sonic 1-2 composer Nakamura and given that’s he’s a bassist makes him my personal favorite.

Grandia also has a great OST along with Pokémon G/S.

Of course Uematsu and Kondo are legends

Anyone a fan of the Sonic R OST? 🤯

These Japanese guys are on their own level.

Last edited:
Jun 20, 2020 at 6:53 PM Post #40 of 435
I think Skyrim and and The Last of Us are pretty remarkable when it comes to their soundtracks. Skryim has a soundtrack that just fits so insanely well, and is part of the reason why that game is so special in my opinion. The Last of Us' soundtrack is haunting and the composer Gustavo Santaolalla is the mastermind behind it! He also did the music for Brokeback Mountain too.

Jun 20, 2020 at 7:25 PM Post #43 of 435
Both Chrono Trigger and Final Fantasy (specifically FF IV) are some of my absolute favorites of all video game music. A YouTube Channel called Malcolm Robinson did many high quality orchestral remixes of both Chrono Trigger and FF IV. Sounds really good on my hi-if gear. Here are links to some of them:

Jul 12, 2020 at 7:52 AM Post #44 of 435
Activision had lots of cool music in their games right around that time. Mechwarrior 2 had a good martial-themed score, I recall.

Some of my favorite game music came from throwaway titles like FXFighter and Darklight Conflict. I still have MP3s of some of the songs from those games floating around on my file server at home.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back