best full size headphones for the price of $80-90
Mar 8, 2011 at 10:41 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 22

hqmusik10

New Head-Fier
hey guys im looking for good over the ear headphones that will have great sound quality as well as comfortability.

i recently bought the beats by dr. dre pros and i was very unsatisfied with the comfort of the headphones.

can someone recommend me a good pair of headphones. thank you so much

Mar 9, 2011 at 3:40 AM Post #3 of 22
I also suggest like Grado SR60 ($80) and Sony MDR-V6 ($70) in that range. I think the Grado sounds really good, but it's open so it doesn't isolate well. The Sony seemed well balanced with good bass, sturdy and is comfortable and isolates better.

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:19 PM Post #4 of 22
I reall like the AKG K240 Studios, and the SR80i's in that price range.

"over the ear" =>

on-ear or around ear?

Mar 9, 2011 at 5:41 PM Post #5 of 22
This sounds like a perfect job for the Creative Aurvana Live!.

They are the same as Denon D1001's, which are very popular and well renowned.
They are very comfortable, and the sound can not be beat for their on-sale price.

http://www.amazon.com/Creative-EF0060-Aurvana-Live-Headphones/dp/B000ZJZ7OA/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1299710350&sr=8-1

They MDR-V6 and Grado SR60 are also good choices, but the CAL!'s are on sale for $70, and I don't think you can beat them at this price.
SR60's are not very comfy though...

Mar 9, 2011 at 6:08 PM Post #7 of 22
if around the ear, Im impressed by the sony V6, my only complain is the cable, its too long.
if big non portable i have to say superlux HD668B

and im sure you can find a ATH M50 for that price in the FS forums.

and if open, cant get better than grado SR80i for the price

good to know you are moving away from the beats!

ps: if you want take a look at my inventory and feel free to ask

Mar 9, 2011 at 9:23 PM Post #8 of 22
I think the Creative Aurvana Live at $70 is your best choice here.  I've been tracking the price for a friend and they dropped very recently from $100.  You'd do well to grab them now, they are supposed to be very nice cans with nice bass as well.

Mar 12, 2011 at 11:47 AM Post #15 of 22
People have mixed views of them here, I gather, but I'm a fan of the Audio-Technica ATH-M40fs studio monitor phones.  They're very isolating and fairly big/heavy, but extremely comfortable nevertheless -- designed to be worn for long periods of time.  The controversy about them, such as it is, is that they're intended to produce a flat uncolored sound, which isn't what works best for some people.  I tend to like that approach, but YMMV.

They list for $150 but are routinely on sale on Amazon etc for $50-$60.

The Grado SR60 mentioned above are an excellent phone with very different qualities: the open design means they let in a lot of ambient sound (and let out sound as well; people sitting near you can hear that you have music going), and they have a particular sound coloration that many people like.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back