BEST free chatroom and conf call????
Mar 31, 2010 at 5:47 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

stevenjchang

500+ Head-Fier
me and my youth ministry team is thinking about having weekly conference calls and chatroom vs. meeting every single week.

I'm looking for the simplest integrated solution, i'm not looking for our team to make new usernames if we dont need to. meaning if google, skype, aim, etc has these features, that would work. if its a really cool site, we can make new usernames i guess thats okay.

LOOKING to do BOTH typed chat and audio call at the same time. 4-10 people on average.

please recommend things you've used and had good experience with, not looking for meetings to be full of troubleshooting and technical difficulties.

Mar 31, 2010 at 6:53 AM Post #2 of 8
Pretty sure Skype can do that.

If not, try Chatroulette. Crowd a bunch of your people into the window and hopefully you'll find the other team sooner or later. Preferably sooner though.
wink.gif

Mar 31, 2010 at 7:57 AM Post #3 of 8
Skype will do it. Unless someone else knows how, about the only thing it won't do is allow a multiple participant video chat - video chat only seems to work between two people, but any number of participants can engage in an audio chat simultaneous to IM conversation.

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:41 PM Post #4 of 8
I've been having group chats with voice using Paltalk for a while. You can create a private room there easily enough. Otherwise, Skype will do it. You need the person with the fastest connection to manage the conference call and re-add people as they drop out. Skype is a bit less reliable as when you join a voice chat, you are always transmitting and receiving sound, whereas with Paltalk you aren't.

Mar 31, 2010 at 1:49 PM Post #5 of 8
I use Tinychat for a couple friends.

Make sure that you set the settings to private, though.

Apr 20, 2010 at 3:08 AM Post #8 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Pretty sure Skype can do that.

If not, try Chatroulette. Crowd a bunch of your people into the window and hopefully you'll find the other team sooner or later. Preferably sooner though.
wink.gif

Oh my. That's indeed an evil suggestion - you might meet Merton on there!

No, not this one:

Mertonisms - download free online

This one:

YouTube - Chat Roulette Funny Piano Improv #2

Users who are viewing this thread

Back